Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnivorous Plants in the Wild - My In Situ Explorations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    Awesome pics! That red sphagnum really is something alright! Seen much in NJ? May/June is a great time to check things out there.......
    Thanks John. Never been to the NJ bogs but, I'd love to check out some of the Pine Barrens sites. Definitely need to plan a trip there. Long Island, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard and Nova Scotia to see the northern most population of Drosera filiformis are also on my long list of "must see" bogs of the North East.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Beautiful pictures. If I were ever to come across a bog I would be so worried about stepping on a small Drosera while navigating between Sarracenia. Thanks for sharing.

Also, there was another thread with the same title. I removed it because I thought it was a duplicate (with the pictures not working). Let me know if it needs to be merged into this thread.

xvart.
    Thanks. There are some places where it is impossible not to step on some of the Drosera while looking around. I found a similar situation with Dionaea in North Carolina, the ground was just a carpet of them.

I think you saw this post wile I was still working on it. All photos should work now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is quite the opus! I had no idea that there were so many great sites in New England. I appreciate your efforts in posting all these.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    That is quite the opus! I had no idea that there were so many great sites in New England. I appreciate your efforts in posting all these.
    I haven't even scratched the surface with our local bogs. I have many, many more to investigate and photograph. There are several I know of that I haven't been to since I was a kid. I can only imagine disappointment when I go back now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great series of photos..... Wow Love it thanks for sharing... I've been to a few bogs in Massachusetts but need to go more north next time....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozer1028 View Post
    What a great series of photos..... Wow Love it thanks for sharing... I've been to a few bogs in Massachusetts but need to go more north next time....
    Maine has some great ones and I've heard of one in Vermont that's especially impressive. I need to go find it this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    Maine has some great ones and I've heard of one in Vermont that's especially impressive. I need to go find it this summer.
    I have several here in Ohio.. But Still have more to explore..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from another trip to Florida. Unfortunately, I couldn't access the area withe the S.minor this year due to flooding. I still found some interesting plants though.......

Drosera brevifolia (D.capillaris above)

D.brevifolia in center, D.capillaris left and bottom.

Drosera capillaris

Avery unusual red flowered variety.

Pinguicula pumila

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast