User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else have really bad local CP nurseries?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add to what I said earlier that there's a wonderful general nursery in Half Moon Bay on Hwy 92 that sells a few carnivorous plants--nice Sarracenias and occasionally Nepenthes. Here's a Nepenthes 'Miranda'. It's bigger than it looks in this photo, huge pitchers, for $35, I think.

A few years ago I bought a similar plant at the Sunnyvale Farmer's market for $20.

And this was last weekend at the hydroponics store mentioned above in Berkeley. A "Poi Dog", price was somewhere between $25 and $35, probably closer to $25.

So those are in the Peninsula, South Bay, East Bay. I'm leaving out the North Bay. I think there's a place in Sebastopol...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try looking outside the box a bit. The last vendor we invited to our orchid society meeting arrived with about 2 dozen different types of CPs. I'm going to try and provide some Cephs for our next orchid society sale. You might be surprised by how much of the information covered during orchid meeting crosses over to CP cultivation.

We have no CP nurseries and even the chain store don't carry live CPs anymore. Just seeds + some mix.

All else fails, spring and fall check the forums Many of us hibernate with out plants in the winter/summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Try looking outside the box a bit. The last vendor we invited to our orchid society meeting arrived with about 2 dozen different types of CPs. I'm going to try and provide some Cephs for our next orchid society sale. You might be surprised by how much of the information covered during orchid meeting crosses over to CP cultivation.

We have no CP nurseries and even the chain store don't carry live CPs anymore. Just seeds + some mix.

All else fails, spring and fall check the forums Many of us hibernate with out plants in the winter/summer.
    No question. Almost half of the varieties of cp that I grow were obtained from TF members. If it hadn't been for RSS's generosity I might never have kept Cephalotus. I didn't think they were cool enough to justify the price they command. Six months or so of keeping one has me thinking which to get next!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get VFTs and rubras, purps sometimes, but all from lowes, walmart or home depot. There was a worms way, closed now, about 50 miles away and they had CPs but they didnt know how to care for them and they didnt look too great. The only place I buy or get CPs from is the net.

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Subrosa, other than deathcubes there's nothing around here. And even then, it is almost always just vfts.

"Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooo, I'll have to go check out the Half Moon Bay and Sunnyvale nursery. thanks!

I'll also stop complaining

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12