Armored scale in Tillandsia
Hey folks! I just got some really gorgeous Tillandsia butzii and caput-medusae with an armored scale thrown in at no extra charge! I'm no entomologist, but from a quick look on the internet and in Garden Insects of North America they seem to be Diapsis echinocactus, or Cactus scale.
I have manually removed a few, and the Tillandsia are all quarantined. I've got some imidacloprid spray which I may apply, but I was wondering if any of you all have experience with scale bugs (I'm sure you do!) or secret tips for controlling, or ideally, eliminating them entirely.
Thank you kindly!