User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I bought the seeds from China .... help me ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The package labeled "Mixed Pitcher Plant seed", certainly has a strong resemblance to Sarracenia seed. I'd need to see them at a much higher resolution, so I could be sure - but it's pretty sure.

The other seed, look nice, but none of them resemble any CP seed that I'm familiar with.

The seedlings look reminiscent of germinating Venus Flytraps. Again, a higher resolution image, that can be zoomed in on, for greater detail, would help.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-01-2015 at 04:36 PM.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of those are carnivorous plant seeds with the possible exception of the "Mystery Gift" being Dionaea seeds. They don't quite look "tear dropped shaped" enough though. You've been had !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Clemens View Post
    The package labeled "Mixed Pitcher Plant seed", certainly has a strong resemblance to Sarracenia seed. I'd need to see them at a much higher resolution, so I could be sure - but it's pretty sure.

The other seed, look nice, but none of them resemble any CP seed that I'm familiar with.

The seedlings look reminiscent of germinating Venus Flytraps. Again, a higher resolution image, that can be zoomed in on, for greater detail, would help.

After planting:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After planting:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by sunyboy; 02-02-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Definitely not cp seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what Cthulhu138 is trying to say, but the seedlings that are emerging/germinating from the tiny black, pear shaped seed, are Dionaea muscipula, or Venus's Fly Trap.

I'm still uncertain of the "Mixed Pitcher Plants Seeds". They somewhat resemble Sarracenia seed. Though I can't get a close enough look to distinguish their shape, clearly enough to be certain. They aren't Nepenthes seed, Darlingtonia seed, or Cephalotus seed. And they don't look like Heliamphora seed, unless the outer covering has been carefully removed, and I'm fairly certain that wasn't done to these seed.

Best plan, stratify them for a month, or two, then see if they germinate. As soon as they do, you will quickly have your answer. Or, you could examine them very closely, yourself, with a magnifying lens, then compare them to, for instance, these photographs - pics of Sarracenia seed. Just scroll through the list, until you locate the Sarracenia seed photos. Sarracenia seed can be various colors, though most of these pics show light brown colored seed, I've seen dark colored Sarracenia seed, as yours appears to be. I'm gonna say, you'll probably need to germinate some, to be sure.

If those seeds that formed the outer gelatinous coating after they were moistened, were those labeled as Mixed Pitcher Plants Seeds, they are not, they are Chia (Salvia hispanica) seed.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-02-2015 at 05:23 AM.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt those are Sarracenia seed, the texture and shape doesn't look right at all. And I know its not the easiest to do in a picture, but comparing those to the bag they came in and the label they appear too large for Sarracenia seed.

The mystery seeds do look a lot like Dionaea right now. You'll know for sure with those soon enough as they continue to grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those "pitcher plant seeds" are 100% NOT Sarracenia seeds, I can guarantee that. They're much too dark and rounded. I dunno what they are, but they're not sarrs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I always source my carnivorous plant seeds from China.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast