What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bought the seeds from China .... help me ....

hi

I do not speak English well .
Carnivorous plants seeds I bought from China have sent me the seeds away . Is it the seeds of carnivorous plants ? Please , if anyone knows the name of the seeds that I sent the film to tell.om China have sent me the seeds away . Is it the seeds of carnivorous plants ? Please , if anyone knows the name of the seeds that I sent the film to tell.

7oq4qrs2nkkdyfkcko.jpg

br4v2y75p15cwoa0tu8r.jpg

Nope, not at all.

These tell us what kind of plant 's seed ?

Those sort of look like bean seedlings.

One of the seeds looks like grain. ROFL

Sunyboy, I think you got ripped off ???

Looks like they send you some bushes, a few flower seeds, some grass, and the others I cant tell. lol

The package labeled "Mixed Pitcher Plant seed", certainly has a strong resemblance to Sarracenia seed. I'd need to see them at a much higher resolution, so I could be sure - but it's pretty sure.

The other seed, look nice, but none of them resemble any CP seed that I'm familiar with.

The seedlings look reminiscent of germinating Venus Flytraps. Again, a higher resolution image, that can be zoomed in on, for greater detail, would help.

Last edited:
None of those are carnivorous plant seeds with the possible exception of the "Mystery Gift" being Dionaea seeds. They don't quite look "tear dropped shaped" enough though. You've been had !

The package labeled "Mixed Pitcher Plant seed", certainly has a strong resemblance to Sarracenia seed. I'd need to see them at a much higher resolution, so I could be sure - but it's pretty sure.

The other seed, look nice, but none of them resemble any CP seed that I'm familiar with.

The seedlings look reminiscent of germinating Venus Flytraps. Again, a higher resolution image, that can be zoomed in on, for greater detail, would help.

fc4xk8msffnvh4qak4z.jpg

After planting:

grbseb3oxd7b07etnddi.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

nmedgn7dfs6jqrjwz6z.jpg

After planting:

xhafw2arcqiik86eycub.jpg

i5j6xj70r6e60boeep1u.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nope. Definitely not cp seeds.

I don't know what Cthulhu138 is trying to say, but the seedlings that are emerging/germinating from the tiny black, pear shaped seed, are Dionaea muscipula, or Venus's Fly Trap.

I'm still uncertain of the "Mixed Pitcher Plants Seeds". They somewhat resemble Sarracenia seed. Though I can't get a close enough look to distinguish their shape, clearly enough to be certain. They aren't Nepenthes seed, Darlingtonia seed, or Cephalotus seed. And they don't look like Heliamphora seed, unless the outer covering has been carefully removed, and I'm fairly certain that wasn't done to these seed.

Best plan, stratify them for a month, or two, then see if they germinate. As soon as they do, you will quickly have your answer. Or, you could examine them very closely, yourself, with a magnifying lens, then compare them to, for instance, these photographs - pics of Sarracenia seed. Just scroll through the list, until you locate the Sarracenia seed photos. Sarracenia seed can be various colors, though most of these pics show light brown colored seed, I've seen dark colored Sarracenia seed, as yours appears to be. I'm gonna say, you'll probably need to germinate some, to be sure.

If those seeds that formed the outer gelatinous coating after they were moistened, were those labeled as Mixed Pitcher Plants Seeds, they are not, they are Chia (Salvia hispanica) seed.

Last edited:
I doubt those are Sarracenia seed, the texture and shape doesn't look right at all. And I know its not the easiest to do in a picture, but comparing those to the bag they came in and the label they appear too large for Sarracenia seed.

The mystery seeds do look a lot like Dionaea right now. You'll know for sure with those soon enough as they continue to grow.

Those "pitcher plant seeds" are 100% NOT Sarracenia seeds, I can guarantee that. They're much too dark and rounded. I dunno what they are, but they're not sarrs.

This is why I always source my carnivorous plant seeds from China.

It was early, meant to say "None are PITCHER PLANT seeds".

Looks like you've been duped. I can say with certainty that none of those are seeds from any known genera of carnivorous plant. The seeds in the "Mystery Gift" bag look a lot like lentils to me, lol.

Actually, those are probably Venus flytrap seeds. Huh. Go figure. However, none of the others look like carnivorous plant seeds to me.

I don't suppose you bought any of those famous Chinese "Rainbow Rose" seeds as well?

Back