Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( my power is out

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:( my power is out

A tree fell on my power line Monday night. The power lasted a few hours after and then went out. The power company estimated it will be maybe next week before its restored. No power with record lows for the year.

I was able to save some of my collection but couldn't take all of my plants with me. I checked on the house to find the temp inside to be 46. All fish dead in the aquarium and I gazed at the remaining plants knowing the life is getting sucked out of them.

It sucks for sure but I am trying to me optimistic. I could be a lot worse. This ice store has already claimed the lives of a few.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't get a generator and put a space heater in there ?!?!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, that's awful. if i can help replace anything from my collection let me know. i have at least 3 cephs ive gotten from you and there are others im sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    This.

Or even a smaller heater could keep the inside temperatures reasonable enough.

Also, a week without power?? What is this, the third world?
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I live out in the sticks on a decent size farm. Back roads have been dangerous to travel. They don't get the attenction main roads do. Got the family out to the city with family where its safer.

I could do a generator or a heater but the risk is not worth the reward. It will be dangerous to travel to maintain and if something else goes wrong while im not there I could burn the house down!

Quote Originally Posted by pebes View Post
    Damn, that's awful. if i can help replace anything from my collection let me know. i have at least 3 cephs ive gotten from you and there are others im sure.
    Thank you for your most generous offer. I got most of the good stuff out...I think. Hopefully what was left can be replaced easily

Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    This.

Or even a smaller heater could keep the inside temperatures reasonable enough.

Also, a week without power?? What is this, the third world?
    Multiple states in the south east have declared a state of emergency.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, well I wish you the best of luck, if that's possible. Stay safe and you gotta look after your family first (humans and mammals first). Let us know what you end up losing (if you end up losing stuff) I'd be happy to pitch in as well if I can.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some extra aquarium plants if you need them.
    Good luck with everything! Stay safe!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generators and space heaters are a way of life up here. My mom has one that runs for about 16 hours on 5 gallons of diesel. The small ceramic space heaters they make now are very safe. You'd almost have to try to burn a house down on purpose with one.

Hope everything turns out ok. Good luck !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast