What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I'm On Oahu

• Thread starter Vbkid
  • Start date

Vbkid

Getting There...
Pretty spur of the moment trip with my girlfriends family. Will only be on Oahu. In regards to plants a few things:
Any CP vendors here?
Any other good greenhouses or anything?
Any interesting plants I could pick up while here?
And finally, any general recommendations of things to do or see while I'm here? I'll be here through Sunday!

Thanks all,
Kyle

Enjoy your stay in hawaii!

Unfortunately there aren't any cp vendors on oahu.
Any of the botanical centers are nice to visit though.
If you're wanting to try some good hawaiian food I highly recommend Highway Inn http://www.myhighwayinn.com

Also the best thing to do is not spend all your time in waikiki. It's nice but it's a tourist trap, there are many other things to do besides stay there ;)

Are you guys shoppers? Eaters? Outdoors type? If I know what you'll enjoy I can recommend certain things.

Last edited:
I personally enjoy trying new food, and we are hiking diamond head tomorrow!

I was there two years ago. I went to Hanauma Bay, Diamond head, and Coco Head trail. If recommend going to the bay if you haven't seen any marine life before as it was very easy to do but extremely crowded so be prepared to wait. Diamond head is also crowded so go early in the day to avoid the mad rush of people. Coco head was a very difficult climb. I was in good shape at the time and it completely destroyed me. It was worth it though to see the sunset over hanauma bay and the rest of the island. Make sure you post pics of the trip!

Mitchell

Trip ended early due to a family emergency we knew might happen previously, but it was a good two days.

At the airport on the way out, picked up two Hawaiin Bamboo Orchid bulbs an got them potted up tonight, hope they take!

Back