What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom cutting plastic egg crate for terrariums

I like diagonal cutters personally, but decent scissors work too.

I've always used diagonal cutters. I've found them to be easier than scissors or shears for cutting this material.

Ive used a hack saw to cut this. A little tedious, but effective.

I've never actually put hands on this stuff so I assumed it was a little more heavy duty than what scissors could do. Nice to know.

It's rigid and pretty brittle. The diagonal cutters make short work of it though.

I really like using my dremel with a small cut off blade. I have used side cutters before, but always end up using the rotary tool to clean up the edges anyways.

i have that one, i use scissor. Although bits and pieces flies around as you cut through them.

I'm not sure what you guys mean by diagonal cutters, is it like Aviator Snips?

I actually use a pliers to snap out the sections around the size piece I need.

I'm assuming "diagonal cutters" are the wire cutting type pliers...?

I cut it so that I leave the long part sticking out of the part I want to keep. Then when I'm done, I can go back and snap those tabs off by bending them very very easily. When trying to cut them right close to where you want them, you leave sharp parts. I hope that makes sense. :-\

Yeah and be sure and sweep up good before going around barefoot when you're done! LOL

Back