Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TapaTalk installed and activated...test

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TapaTalk installed and activated...test

Hello all, I have installed and activated TapaTalk for the forums to give it a shot. Please let me know if you see anything out of place or not working correctly.

To download TapaTalk: http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=982054
    To add this community to your TapaTalk: http://tapatalk.com/m?fid=982054&id=...annel%3Dinvite

(If this link doesn't work, simply search "www.terraforums.com" from the Tapatalk Explore tab.)

Thanks,
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70% of the time I am accessing TF from either my iPhone or one of my iPads, and now, as with all forums that have TapaTalk activated, this is what I see every damn time I log in on an iOS device:

[IMG]https://**************************************/2015/03/img_8098.png[/IMG]

I will have to click-to-dismiss that every time I visit TF now. I hate web utilities that force me to navigate past that BS when I want access. So - I disapprove. Anything that disrupts the user experience is a bad idea. What advantage does it offer anyway, other than trying to force people to use TapaTalk's own interface/utility??
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 03-15-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The options show:

Mobile Welcome Screen
    Tapatalk will show a one-time welcome screen to mobile web users informing them to download and view your forum in the free app. This screen will contain your forum branding only along with a download button. (selected yes)

Mobile Smart Banner
    Tapatalk will show a smart banner to mobile users, when your forum is viewed by a mobile web browser. The smart banner will contain two buttons: "Open in app" and "Install". (selected yes)

So it seems the settings are saying to show the splash/landing page one time... But will continue to show a banner at the top for your other visits. Please let me know, if that does continue every single time you visit and I'll look into it.

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    The options show:

Mobile Welcome Screen
    Tapatalk will show a one-time welcome screen to mobile web users informing them to download and view your forum in the free app. This screen will contain your forum branding only along with a download button. (selected yes)

Mobile Smart Banner
    Tapatalk will show a smart banner to mobile users, when your forum is viewed by a mobile web browser. The smart banner will contain two buttons: "Open in app" and "Install". (selected yes)

So it seems the settings are saying to show the splash/landing page one time... But will continue to show a banner at the top for your other visits. Please let me know, if that does continue every single time you visit and I'll look into it.

Andrew
    Andrew,
    After the initial interrupt screen is dismissed, this is what the user now sees:
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2015/03/img_8099.png[/IMG]
    That "nag banner" does not go away untill you click to dismiss it - it reappears on every TF page you load after the initial interrupt prompt. This nag banner will appear again, every time I reload TF after a brief absence. I find its presence very disruptive to the experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I for one am extremely happy I primarily use tapatalk so I'm very excited about this