What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That veitchii x burbidgeae looks very healthy. How long have you had it?

Since around September of 2015

Very nice plants there! I always found it interesting that the D. burmannii "giant red form" is far less red than other varieties. That's the only one I grow and it only gets pink.

Yeah, I found that odd as well, I've never been able to make it get any darker than pink

Yeah, I found that odd as well, I've never been able to make it get any darker than pink
I did actually see a plant recently, just a single plant growing by itself in a pot that was significantly larger and more red. The grower told me that's the only way that variety will show its true form. I may have to try it out.

S. x catesbaei is a really nice plant, I cant get enough of those.

Also, those are some of the most crystalline dew shots ive ever seen.
what camera do you use?

Just my phone camera, it's not great but it works in a pinch

Well, What phone then?
My samsung would have a difficult time reaching something of that quality.

Last edited:
Well, What phone then?
My samsung would have a difficult time reaching something of that quality.

iPhone 4, I do edit the shots a bit (i.e. sharpening) since my phone camera isn't great at taking very clear photos.

S. flava var. ornata, FL

S. oreophila 'Sand Mountain' - for some reason these guys decided to throw up another set of pitchers in the middle of August

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea f. heterophylla

S. psittacina Covington Co. AL found a friend

S. "Blood Moon" x 'Leah Wilkerson', freebie from calen

S. flava var. cuprea - the color of the lids is mostly masked by some sort of sooty black mold that grew when the lids started secreting nectar

S. 'Reptilian Rose' is starting to look a little bit crispy

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea Tattnall Co. GA

S. minor var. okefenokeensis Charlton Co. GA

S. flava "Extreme Red Throat" - it produced a more shapely pitcher earlier in the season but that one seems to have come down with a mild case of indigestion...

S. rubra ssp. wherryi "Chatom Giant"

S. leucophylla var. alba

S. leucophylla

S. 'Judith Hindle' - was a lot larger last year and I almost lost it to rot this winter, but since I was able to save most of the rhizome I guess I don't have too much to complain a lot about

S. flava var. rugelii - a nice chunky plant originally from Oudean's Willow Creek Nursery, I definitely prefer the early season pitchers on this plant

Big red S. x catesbaei

S. rubra ssp. rubra - like miniature prairie dogs...

Seedling of S. (rubra x purpurea)F2 x "Blood Moon"

same cross, different individual

Although the majority of my CP collection is Drosera I don't grow too many temperates...I should fix that very promptly.

D. filiformis

D. intermedia Black Bear Lake Monmouth Co. NJ - I think I also saw some D. x eloisiana in there, I need to keep the two separated more effectively.

S. psittacina Covington County, AL

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea f. heterophylla

S. purpurea ssp. venosa Tattnall County, GA

S. flava var. ornata Florida

N. vogelii

That flava is really something special. I like your vogelli too. How big is it's leafspan?

I've been liking that flava more and more too...wasn't too much to look at when the pitchers first opened but the veins have really filled in. The vogelii measured leaf-to-leaf is about a foot across now, the internodes are starting to lengthen so I expect it'll leave the rosette stage soon.

The psittacina look nice. How did you set up the black background for the Sarracenia shots?

The psittacina look nice. How did you set up the black background for the Sarracenia shots?

I just used black poster paper and messed with lighting angles to make it as dark as possible.

Back