What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. hartmeyerorum - smells like citrus! (Not sure if you can tell, but I really like this plant :D )

FullSizeRender%201_zpszqhlnuud.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zps7xhl8e1c.jpg

FullSizeRender%203_zps6g0pp4ui.jpg

IMG_0313_zpsf3iofjph.jpg

IMG_0318_zpsnk3ez1ry.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsul5sdu73.jpg

IMG_0319_zps8qu1acbd.jpg

IMG_0369_zpsvggq0lrg.jpg

And this D. "dielsiana" to wrap it up. Thanks Rich!
IMG_0294_zpsqj21dvsb.jpg

That Attenboroughii is going to be awesome! I think the pitchers get about six inches across.

I'll be sitting here twiddling my thumbs for a very long time before that happens! ;)

Oh, still, your very lucky. That's a great plant and I envy you. One day I hope to have one though, when I have either a highland chamber or a greenhouse.

Update for tiny plants today...

Drosera capillaris, 1/4 of an inch across and flowering:
IMG_1462_zpsi9levtso.jpg

D. finlaysoniana, don't mind the fish food...
IMG_1452_zpshlfy0gzh.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa
IMG_1442_zpsmic86mcc.jpg

IMG_1445_zpsggpgnwzw.jpg

D. schizandra
IMG_1487_zps6f4vrkb4.jpg

D. nidiformis
IMG_1440_zpsicvm1cf8.jpg

D. intermedia "Mt. Roraima"
IMG_1449_zpsalyorfun.jpg

Carpet of D. aliciae
IMG_1475_zpscssgngbu.jpg

D. ultramafica x spatulata
IMG_1479_zpscfsgjvjj.jpg

D. admirabilis "Floating" Bain's Kloof
IMG_1485_zpsfsebmjqk.jpg

Assorted seed-grown Dionaea
IMG_1421_zpsciphjumc.jpg

D. burmannii "Humpty Doo"
IMG_1423_zpsjwlbcu5v.jpg

D. paleacea subsp. leioblastus, 1/4 of an inch across and flowering:
IMG_1425_zpsayljbakq.jpg

D. omissa, from seed with ash treatment:
IMG_1426_zpsow896qzc.jpg

D. capensis "Wide leaf"
IMG_1427_zpsg2x2ikoz.jpg

D. capensis "Giant"
IMG_1430_zpspfxincuc.jpg

D. sessilifolia
IMG_1433_zps47qs2esc.jpg

D. venusta "var. coccicaulis"
IMG_1436_zpsx3fbmusk.jpg

Nice pics muncher! For the finloys I highly recommend you place pellets all along the leaf. I've been doing this with mine and they're growing super fast. Maybe you could try with one or two and compare the results.

If you don't mind, I have a question. What's the difference between a normal D. Burmanii and the "humpty doo" cultivar? Thanks.

I think Humpty Doo is supposed to be more of a red form

I really like the indica complex, but still working on getting any of them growing; hopefully my soil change recently will be the key. One finlaysoniana seedling, and seeds just sown of a different species...
I find it interesting how elongate the leaves are on your schizandra; mine are round right from the get-go. Also, D. intermedia "Roraima" comes from Roraima State in Brazil or the Gran Sabana of Venezuela; it's not found on Mt. Roraima itself.

If you don't mind, I have a question. What's the difference between a normal D. Burmanii and the "humpty doo" cultivar? Thanks.

"Humpty Doo" is not a cultivar name, it's a locality; D. burmannii with this label are the progeny of plants found near the town of Humpty Doo in NT, Australia.

Also, D. intermedia "Roraima" comes from Roraima State in Brazil or the Gran Sabana of Venezuela; it's not found on Mt. Roraima itself.

Yup, I'm aware of that, I found this thread very useful when I was trying to sort out the confusion surrounding this plant's origins. :)

Oh, it's a locality, not a cultivar. Thanks.

"Humpty Doo" is not a cultivar name, it's a locality; D. burmannii with this label are the progeny of plants found near the town of Humpty Doo in NT, Australia.

And for extra fun, try guessing which of these names is not a real place in Australia:
* Wagga Wagga
* Woolloomooloo
* Nowhere Else
* Mount Disappointment

And for extra fun, try guessing which of these names is not a real place in Australia:
* Wagga Wagga
* Woolloomooloo
* Nowhere Else
* Mount Disappointment
Is it Woolloomooloo?

Any picks of the solaris?

Yup, here ya go. They're not looking very good right now unfortunately, they seem very slow to recover from shipping and adjust to new conditions...

Drosera solaris, Maringma - Tepui
IMG_1491_zps5hbagqb0.jpg

Last edited:
Part 2 of this update:

Drosera latifolia
IMG_1503_zpsewjh5ibt.jpg

D. regia, from seed
IMG_1510_zpsdfovroee.jpg

D. slackii
IMG_1495_zps6vxnkocx.jpg

D. burmannii
IMG_1505_zpsjkt9q2y4.jpg

Nepenthes x pyriformis
IMG_1508_zpslodhb2ls.jpg

N. veitchii HL x burbidgeae EP
IMG_1507_zpsntwxuzhv.jpg

N. jacquelineae BE
IMG_0528_zpssu4lr11u.jpg

IMG_1500_zpsclv3mipx.jpg

N. glabrata BE
FullSizeRender_zpsdbjuapzh.jpg

Windowsill N. fusca "flared peristome" BE
IMG_1516_zpsvt9qngpr.jpg

Heliamphora minor
IMG_1511_zpsoavkqmch.jpg

H. nutans Kukenan - Tepui
IMG_1512_zps8fu29oad.jpg

Pinguicula potosiensis
IMG_1523_zpsrfc6inb4.jpg

Temperate CPs finally ready to start doing some work.
IMG_1520_zpsctt3k3qv.jpg

* Wagga Wagga
* Woolloomooloo
* Nowhere Else
* Mount Disappointment
My guess is nowhere else.

Had to look it up because I had to know: all of those places exist in Australia. I had heard of Mt. Disappointment, but the rest I hadn't heard of.

Had to look it up because I had to know: all of those places exist in Australia. I had heard of Mt. Disappointment, but the rest I hadn't heard of.

So, there is really a place in Australia called nowhere else?

Haha, [MENTION=9012]hcarlton[/MENTION] gets it right (even if he did cheat), all of them are real places. [MENTION=7195]Dexenthes[/MENTION], Woolloomooloo is probably the most well known, it's a suburb in Sydney. [MENTION=12104]curtisconners[/MENTION], yes it's a real place. Pretty small though.

Back on topic though, nice contrast on the peristome of the N. veitchii x burbidgeae, I've found the variety among that hybrid to be quite impressive.

Last edited:
Back