Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SerMuncherIV's Picture Thread

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Quote Originally Posted by SerMuncherIV View Post
    Thanks! Certainly seems to me that burkei x hamata is a very variable cross too - didn't BE release two different seed-grown batches under different serial numbers? I'm growing 3612, I think the other one was 3549...

Sorry to hear about your jacq seedlings, seed-growns of that species are pretty tough to come by nowadays.
    It appears then that yes they did release at least 2 batches, mine is number 3594 (I'm guessing the digit order there was just mixed). And yeah, SG o nearly any species is somewhat hard to find, especially the highlanders (and if you're a broke college kid). I do have a pair of rajah x jacq, though, so that counts for something....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes jacquelineae colored up

N. jacquelineae freshly opened

N. veitchii H/L x burbidgeae

N. talangensis x robcantleyi

Heliamphora nutans Kukenan Tepui

H. arenicola

Sarracenia purpurea subsp. purpurea

S. ('Hurricane Creek White' x 'Adrian Slack') x OP

Drosera venusta var. coccicaulis

D. capensis "Red"

D. sp. Africa

D. sessilifolia

D. intermedia "Bear Lake, NJ"

D. capensis 'Albino'

D. capensis "Wide Leaf"

(probably) D. nidiformis

D. capensis "Giant"

D. hartmeyeroum a few months behind the crowd.

D. x eloisiana F2

D. capillaris

D. aliciae Radagast, what have you done to me

D. dielsiana

Dionaea
    Last edited by SerMuncherIV; 12-04-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    The venusta seedlings look like nidiformis, pics are attached to the labels below them... the "coccicaulis" venusta have the right leaf shape so far though..
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    The venusta seedlings look like nidiformis, pics are attached to the labels below them... the "coccicaulis" venusta have the right leaf shape so far though..
    Looks like I should start being suspicious of everything that comes into my collection. The seeds came to me as a jumbled mix of stalks labeled as venusta, nidiformis, and burmannii...the burmannii were quite distinctive and easily separated out, but I never really thought about the other two. There are seedlings in the batch with noticeably thicker and shorter petioles that look like the "coccicaulis" venusta, I suppose those are probably the true venusta (unless I didn't get germination from that species at all). I guess I'll wait until the seedlings mature a bit to make a definitive call on ID.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha Alvin the D. aliciae pic make me lol. That is certainly what I would call "likely 100% germination rate" hahaha. You've got great germination rates on all the seeds. Your Nepenthes look great - they're all drooling like crazy. It's also pretty cool that you've got a flower stalk on the dielsiana that I gave you at the show- it's growing quick!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rich, although you get the credit for growing the D. dielsiana so well in the first place! Congrats about your promotion the NECPS Newsletter, too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Quote Originally Posted by SerMuncherIV View Post
    Looks like I should start being suspicious of everything that comes into my collection. The seeds came to me as a jumbled mix of stalks labeled as venusta, nidiformis, and burmannii...the burmannii were quite distinctive and easily separated out, but I never really thought about the other two. There are seedlings in the batch with noticeably thicker and shorter petioles that look like the "coccicaulis" venusta, I suppose those are probably the true venusta (unless I didn't get germination from that species at all). I guess I'll wait until the seedlings mature a bit to make a definitive call on ID.
    Oddly enough the two will likely produce fertile hybrids, but nidiformis has far thinner petioles than just about everything else in its group, which includes venusta, aliciae, natalensis, dielsiana etc...which reminds me my next note: nearly all "dielsiana" in cultivation are actually natalensis, but the two are nearly indistinguishable. The main difference is the former having rounded seeds, the latter having seeds with tapered tips....
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which reminds me my next note: nearly all "dielsiana" in cultivation are actually natalensis, but the two are nearly indistinguishable. The main difference is the former having rounded seeds, the latter having seeds with tapered tips....
    Hcarlton - I highly doubt my dielsiana are natalensis as I received them marked as "true dielsiana, not natalensis", from the ICPS seed bank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nearly all "dielsiana" in cultivation are actually natalensis, but the two are nearly indistinguishable. The main difference is the former having rounded seeds, the latter having seeds with tapered tips....
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Hcarlton - I highly doubt my dielsiana are natalensis as I received them marked as "true dielsiana, not natalensis", from the ICPS seed bank.
    I guess we'll find out once that flower stalk is done developing, then!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Radagast, once upon a time so did I. And the seed bank is still vulnerable to mislabels, but if they turn out to be the true dielsiana I'm interested in obtaining material at some point to compare the two myself.
    Growlist

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast