Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is CZplants legit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is CZplants legit?

Has anyone ordered plants from www.czplants.com? I am wondering if they are a legit site and how the overall quality of the plants are

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will need import permits to purchase plants from them, as they are located overseas. I've never ordered from them before.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules to discuss other CP vendors.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally discussing overseas companies are tolerated as they are not direct in-state competition.
    But yes, anything overseas you're going to need import permits for, and many of us haven't dealt with that side of things yet.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak from personal experience, but what I've picked up from posts of members who have has all been good. For Heliamphora and Cephalotus his selection is tough to beat in the US.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discussion of domestic (US) vendors is not allowed. Discussion of overseas or foreign vendors is allowed to a limited degree - outright reviews should be avoided.

Importing plant material at the very least needs a phytosanitary certificate. There is a new certificate that may also be required - for potato cyst nematode I believe. The vendor/nursery supplies these certificates at a cost to the buyer. Phytosanitary certificates run from $10-200 USD. Some countries require a separate certificate for each taxon. You may need a CITES permit if importing CITES species. If the order is less than 13 taxa (or plants) you do not need a Plant Import permit - you still need the the phytosanitary certificate. If you are importing seeds only if there are 50 or less taxa and 50 or less seeds per taxon you can get a Small Seed Lots permit which exempts the shipment from needing the Phytosanitary certificate. Shipments have to be sent to an inspection center first and sent on to the recipient. The recipient must make arrangements and pay for the shipping from the inspection center - unless it was sent via International Mail.

Are they legit? Yes, if you pay for something you will eventually get something. Whether or not it arrives live or is the species/hybrid advertised remains to be seen. This is a pitfall with any vendor and shipping delays from overseas can be as long as a month or more.
    Last edited by Not a Number; 03-31-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CZPlants phytosanitary certificates are 30 Euros per order. I didn't realize you actually needed a permit to order seeds from overseas though it appears to be free. They do actually guarantee plants will arrive in good condition to EU, US, and Japan though I couldn't tell you how easy it is to follow up on a claim.
    Last edited by nimbulan; 03-31-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Discussion of domestic (US) vendors is not allowed. Discussion of overseas or foreign vendors is allowed to a limited degree - outright reviews should be avoided.

Importing plant material at the very least needs a phytosanitary certificate. There is a new certificate that may also be required - for potato cyst nematode I believe. The vendor/nursery supplies these certificates at a cost to the buyer. Phytosanitary certificates run from $10-200 USD. Some countries require a separate certificate for each taxon. You may need a CITES permit if importing CITES species. If the order is less than 13 taxa (or plants) you do not need a Plant Import permit - you still need the the phytosanitary certificate. If you are importing seeds only if there are 50 or less taxa and 50 or less seeds per taxon you can get a Small Seed Lots permit which exempts the shipment from needing the Phytosanitary certificate. Shipments have to be sent to an inspection center first and sent on to the recipient. The recipient must make arrangements and pay for the shipping from the inspection center - unless it was sent via International Mail.

Are they legit? Yes, if you pay for something you will eventually get something. Whether or not it arrives live or is the species/hybrid advertised remains to be seen. This is a pitfall with any vendor and shipping delays from overseas can be as long as a month or more.
    Are you certain about the ability to import 12 plants without an import permit? My understanding is that you can self carry up to 12 plants without a permit, but shipping any quantity requires a permit.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast