What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seagrow 16-16-16

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used a fertilizer called seagrow 16-16-16. I first saw it at this site- http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com/fertilization.htm and have looked around for it a little bit. It seems to be a little cheaper then Maxsea 16-16-16 and would like to try some, but first i would like to hear if anyone else had any experiences with it.

I have only ever used MaxSea, so take that into account when I say: Sea Grow appears to be formulated in much the same way as MaxSea, which no doubt is why Joel (nepenthesaroundthehouse) mentioned both in the same sentence ;-) I suspect you could use either with the same results. Just be mindful what you apply it to, and how. Not all genera tolerate a nutrient supply of this intensity (relative intensity).

Last edited:
How long does a 1.5 lbs container of maxsea last about for you guys taking it in terms of only a few plants will get fertilized. I feel like it would last a long time if i use 1/4 a teaspoon per gallon. Am I right to assume this or does it actually run out a lot faster then I would think?

How long does a 1.5 lbs container of maxsea last about for you guys taking it in terms of only a few plants will get fertilized.
I'm not too far from Joel's philosophy on fertilizing (the maybe once per month part) for most of my plants. At 1/4 tsp/gal, I'll probably be dead long before I use even half of it.

I've been using another brand of Orchid fertilizer for several years & it comes in a much smaller bottle - I may be gone before I finish that one too...

Back