Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seagrow 16-16-16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seagrow 16-16-16

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used a fertilizer called seagrow 16-16-16. I first saw it at this site- http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.c...tilization.htm and have looked around for it a little bit. It seems to be a little cheaper then Maxsea 16-16-16 and would like to try some, but first i would like to hear if anyone else had any experiences with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only ever used MaxSea, so take that into account when I say: Sea Grow appears to be formulated in much the same way as MaxSea, which no doubt is why Joel (nepenthesaroundthehouse) mentioned both in the same sentence ;-) I suspect you could use either with the same results. Just be mindful what you apply it to, and how. Not all genera tolerate a nutrient supply of this intensity (relative intensity).
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 04-07-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long does a 1.5 lbs container of maxsea last about for you guys taking it in terms of only a few plants will get fertilized. I feel like it would last a long time if i use 1/4 a teaspoon per gallon. Am I right to assume this or does it actually run out a lot faster then I would think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plant#1 View Post
    How long does a 1.5 lbs container of maxsea last about for you guys taking it in terms of only a few plants will get fertilized.
    I'm not too far from Joel's philosophy on fertilizing (the maybe once per month part) for most of my plants. At 1/4 tsp/gal, I'll probably be dead long before I use even half of it.

I've been using another brand of Orchid fertilizer for several years & it comes in a much smaller bottle - I may be gone before I finish that one too...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)