User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 NASC Items Show us what you got!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyS View Post
    Dexenthes, curious, are you looking for Begonia fuchsioides? I've never figured out the names of the various varieties and/or closely related species. My mom has one that's a smaller plant, with pink flowers, the whole plant graceful and kind of drooping. She was sold that as B. fuchsioides. I believe that's the one that grows in SF all over the place--I've even seen it as a hedge. I've been told by some that the correct name for that is actually B. foliosa var. foliosa. I have one that I got from Carlos Rendon (our vine guru) which he gave me as a cutting of an 8 ft , huge plant, "climbing" his fence. That one has bigger flowers, very striking, very, very red. I really like it. He insists the correct name for that is B. foliosa var. miniata. I assume he's right. Anyway, I have access to both, although my plant of the red one is small still. It needs a sunnier spot than where I have it.
    Nice! No, I was just wondering because I have a plant that was labeled Begonia fuschioides, and I have a few rooted cuttings going so I was thinking about offering them up soon. Though it seems like there is some contestment over what the species actually is. . .
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dexenthes,

Does yours have white, pink, or red flowers?

I'll email you the detailed response that I just wrote, and post the question to the Begonia Facebook group. I don't mean to clutter up what should be a fun thread with nonsense about naming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna dust off this thread to share the pitcher on one of my prizes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12