What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christopher Lee..

• Thread starter Sashoke
  • Start date
Christopher Lee, legendary actor musician and WW2 veteran has passed today at the age of 93, he will be missed :-(

Last edited:
That is terrible news to hear. He will be missed. He was the only person working on the Lord of the Rings films who had actually met J.R.R. Tolkein.

He was a big part of my childhood due to his work with Hammer films. The locally produced Saturday afternoon show that featured horror movies was my favorite tv program, and his movies were shown fairly often. Rest in peace Sir Christopher.

I once met him at a film festival in Northern California, where he was hosting a screening of The Wicker Man, which he had considered to be among his best work. He was also given a mirrored plaque as a lifetime achievement award by the festival organizers; and someone from the audience asked him whether he could see his reflection on its surface.

Lee, perhaps most famous for his role as Dracula in the Hammer Films of the fifties through the seventies, exclaimed, without missing a beat, "No . . . not a trace!"

Cue the applause.

Rest in peace, Sir Christopher . . .

https://youtu.be/jv9SJT10fZU

Last edited:
Damn.....what a bummer. I grew up on his horror movies, incredible actor who could really set a dark tone.

He was great in The Wicker Man. The remake was tragically terrible. They never should have touched that film, it was perfect the way it was.

Last edited:
He was one of the great actors of our time and will be greatly missed.

First Nimoy, now Christopher Lee. The world has lost some of its best actors ever this year. :-(

Last edited:
Back