What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow lights for grow tents

I've been waiting for someone with a grow tent to respond since I don't own one, however since you haven't gotten any replies yet I'll give my 2 cents haha.

The answer depends on what you plan to grow in there and what you plan to stand them on. Some people put shelving units inside and for that I'd say the typical 2bulb t5 per shelf however if you just have some tables and put plants on a table...in my opinion I might consider a 4ft 4 bulb t5 ho fixture with mixed bloom and grow bulbs

If you use t5's you are going to have issues with temps because your basically traping the heat in there. I will say this, as long as you can keep the grow tent vented or use an ac to keep the temps knocked down you should be fine. I used 4 4ft 2 tube t5s in a 8 ft x 8ft grow tent just fine, but I did have to use an ac to keep the temps below 85 ish. You can use that one you got on ebay, it will be super bright and will work, it will produce alot of heat so if you can vent it outside youll be good. :)

Getting or building a set up with remote ballasts will keep a good bit of the heat outside of the tent.

For Hydroponic growers who do this, you have to have a fan to vent the tent. If you don't, you will get smelly, hot air inside all the time. All you have to do is put a fan on one side of the top of the tent, and blow it through to another hole on the other side. It would also be wise to have air circulating fans inside, but for any type of growing that sort of goes without saying.

I'd personally recommend going to your local hydro store and asking them. They will be able to tell you what type, size, and amount of ventilation you need.

Last edited:
Back