Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Lowland Nepenthes:
    Days 75-90*f
    Nights 65-75*f
    Humidity 90%+ glass stays fogged up
    Watering is only necessary every 3-4 weeks
    Yeah, so at work I actually have a small terra set up with mostly warm intermediates under a bulb, and I don't end up really needing to water other than occasionally for show it seems, because most of the plants are just sitting in water and haven't died yet. Maybe what I need to do is turn on my AC and eat the electricity bill, and just get some huge enclosures. Are yours like herp terrariums or... ?? Most people don't post pics of the whole thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Daily, like so:
    https://flic.kr/p/w7h3Fe
    LOL its just as elegant as I expected it to be.

Im a bit dissapointed you dont sound like Gandalf though.
    Last edited by Sashoke; 07-17-2015 at 03:38 AM.
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VFT's (none right now), cobra lily (none right now), and Sarracenias go outside, for ~8 months of the year. They get rain and snow, supplemented with WFI (water for injection). Their media is a mix of sand & peat, topdressed with LFS

U. gibba & Aldrovanda go outside for !8 months of the yea. They get rain and pond water.

On the grow rack, under fluorescent lighting, by west-facing glass doors, are the sundews, terrestrial utrics, and some butterworts. One tray has a 'tent' and stronger lighting, to mimic a mini-greenhouse. They have the Petiolaris Complex sundews, as well as D. indica, B. liniflora, D. hartmeyerorum, and sometimes utrics. Generally speaking, I don't go after Neps anymore. Most plants are in a peat / sand mix, with LFS on top. They get WFI.

Most of my butterworts (Mexican) are on window sills. Their media is a mix of sand, perlite, and egg shells. They get WFI and are kept on the dryer side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    VFT's (none right now), cobra lily (none right now), and Sarracenias go outside, for ~8 months of the year. They get rain and snow, supplemented with WFI (water for injection). Their media is a mix of sand & peat, topdressed with LFS

U. gibba & Aldrovanda go outside for !8 months of the yea. They get rain and pond water.

On the grow rack, under fluorescent lighting, by west-facing glass doors, are the sundews, terrestrial utrics, and some butterworts. One tray has a 'tent' and stronger lighting, to mimic a mini-greenhouse. They have the Petiolaris Complex sundews, as well as D. indica, B. liniflora, D. hartmeyerorum, and sometimes utrics. Generally speaking, I don't go after Neps anymore. Most plants are in a peat / sand mix, with LFS on top. They get WFI.

Most of my butterworts (Mexican) are on window sills. Their media is a mix of sand, perlite, and egg shells. They get WFI and are kept on the dryer side.
    Interesting - do you bake your eggshells, or just wash and use as-is? Mine are in straight perlite : vermiculite.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I water before they get dry and die.

Simple, yet effective.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Mostly Heliamphora, with a couple neps, utric, drosera, pings...
    2. Shelf type plant rack
    3. T5's, summer photoperiod 16/8, winter 12/12
    4. Most are planted in APS/Sphag/Perlite 1:1:1
    5. Complicated to give a black and white answer... constant gentle fog and breeze cycle with lights.
    6. Seasonal with summer: 68-72f, winter: 58-64 and no diurnal drop to speak of.
    7. Automated flood and drain every two days

Last edited by Av8tor1; 07-17-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. mostly Utricularia and Drosera, with a few other genera
    2. Utricularia are almost all in "terrariums," highland Drosera and Nepenthes in covered setups, and everything else in my front or back yard
    3. 8 hours of CFLs for highlanders, 10 hours of T5s for my Orchidioides, sunlight for everything else
    4. pure peat for Utricularia, peat and sand for Drosera, LFS for Nepenthes and Orchidioides
    5. near 100% humidity for Utricularia and highland plants, 20-40% humidity for everything else
    6. 70-80 for plants inside with maybe a 10 degree drop at night, 80-90 for plants outside with temperatures in the low 60s at night (I put the highlanders and Orchidioides outside at night)
    7. almost never water the plants in terrariums, every day or every other day for plants outside

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12