I would like to ask,
1. What plants do you grow?
2. What setup are they in (terrarium inside, outside au naturel, outside in greenhouse, etc.)?
3. Artificial lights or sun, and the amount of hours directly exposed to the sun and/or bulb(s)
4. Potting mix (rough estimate... 1:1 peat: perlite, 1:1:1 sphag:crushed pumice:cocohusk, etc.)*
5. Rough estimate humidity/misting conditions
6. Rough estimate day/night average temps
7. How often do you water (1x week into saucer, 2x week into the pot, etc.)
*= 1:1 sphag: perlite means 1cup of sphag mixed with 1 cup of perlite. 2:1 means 2 cups of sphag mixed with 1 cup of perlite, ad infinitum.
Since I've got the ability to set up polls, I might set up a poll based on the answers if there's enough answers.
I'm just asking because this is my setup and I might need to go out of town for more than a week, so I'm trying to not kill my plants (I might just bring them all in and stand them in water in tupperwares). I've been using this setup for 3+ years.
1. Mostly Neps, so I'll describe those.
2. Mostly on Balcony. 10ish plants inside by a window.
3. Balcony: 3-5hours direct sun. Inside: 5-6hours direct sun through glass.
4. 1:1 sphag: perlite for pots 4" and less, 1:1:1 sphag:cocohusk: perlite or 2:1:1:1 sphag:medium orchid bark: perlite:cocohusk on 5"+ pots
5. Balcony, anywhere from 80% humidity to 0% humidity, Inside 70-80% humidity.
6. Balcony, usu. 80 Day/65 Night. Inside usu. 75 day/night. (this time of year)
7. 1-2 times a week water the top of the potting mix, depending on if it's e.g. 85F & 0%RH or 70F and 80%RH during the day. I let the saucers fill up so they can stand in water for a day or few days too, because wind allows topsoil evaporation so it's not really standing water.