Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Photo Tread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=JMHoff;1185838]
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post
    I also grow edwarsiana in these conditions. I don't think macro and eddie are as picky as people make them out to be. I also meet all their other requirements (light, humidity, and substrate) so they may not be as picky with the cooling.

That's good to know! Maybe I can relax a little about giving mine the UHL treatment
    I don't understand where people got the idea that N. edwardsiana requires "UHL" treatment - it's a typical highland plant and in fact is perfectly happy as an intermediate grower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive found that mine actually grew better in higher temps and kinda slowed down a bit when i went to UHL conditions. Now ny N. Eddy is back to HL conditions and is perfectly happy actually stopped its shrinking thank goodness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KATastrophe View Post
    Ive found that mine actually grew better in higher temps and kinda slowed down a bit when i went to UHL conditions. Now ny N. Eddy is back to HL conditions and is perfectly happy actually stopped its shrinking thank goodness!
    I'm glad to hear that! I feel these plants are extremely hardy. If the plant isn't acclimating well to an environment, it will show signs. The only plant I have ever had trouble with is N. dubia. It seems as many have a problem with the species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder;1185839

I don't understand where people got the idea that [I
    N. edwardsiana[/I] requires "UHL" treatment - it's a typical highland plant and in fact is perfectly happy as an intermediate grower.
    It might be a missconception but then it's a very spread one. Since I started with neps I've been reading and watching about "the trio" (Villosa, Eddy and Macrophylla) and how they all are pure UHL. Where that info comes from I have no idea but it might be worth to correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMHoff View Post
    It might be a missconception but then it's a very spread one. Since I started with neps I've been reading and watching about "the trio" (Villosa, Eddy and Macrophylla) and how they all are pure UHL. Where that info comes from I have no idea but it might be worth to correct.
    Where did you get the information?

I grow N. macrophylla and N. edwardsiana in my greenhouse alongside all the others, and summer temps this year hit 82-87F every day. (Bear in mind that nights in my region drop into the 50s without fail, and humidity is very carefully maintained in the greenhouse at all times. These factors play a significant role in how well or how poorly highland plants tolerate warm days) These two species are thriving in my care. So much for the "ultra highland" myth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the information from different forums online, this one included, from google searches and from more experienced growers than myself. It is also my experience that giving the plants stable conditions makes them more tolerant. Well, myths are just myths, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could of got that kind of information off the altitude chart here on TF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    attenboroughii SG
    attenboroughii

pitopangii AW