What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS September Show

Hello fellow NECPS members,

Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to attend today's meeting, so beyond what was sent in the August newsletter and what's on the NECPS proboards, I have no idea how the September 5/6 show is going to run. Despite the fact that my collection is small and paltry, I still feel responsible to contribute something to the show. Before I submit my plants though, how are the displays going to work? Are there particular things (besides VFTs) that are needed (as you can tell, this will be my first show)? Again, since I couldn't attend today's meeting, I don't know any important details, like where the booth is going to be, what time we should arrive with our plants, what we'll be doing during the show, etc. Thanks for any information, and I'm hoping for a spectacular display this year!

Last edited:
The plants will be displayed on tables for the most part. Special displays, like half barrels, can be placed on the floor. All cps are welcome. The space to fill with plants is huge, so bring all you are comfortable bringing. We will have a spot for them. You can bring the plants to classrooms A & B. There will be plenty of us there early to help you out. You can arrive between 7AM and 9AM before the show. Some people may be dropping plants off as early as that Friday night.

We are going to have displays and cp vendors. We will have presentations in the theater there. We will have an NECPS sales table to sell plants for our club that we have propagated. We will have a VFT feeding station outside the classrooms.

There will be pizza for lunch and a special silent auction for NECPS members only.

We are going to interact with the public to educate them and answer any questions they have about growing our plants.

You will not be disappointed. This show is expected to be awesome.

Another newsletter will be sent before the show with these details and more as our planning wraps up.

Last edited:
Ah, Dave beat me to it.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! I'll see you all in about a month I hope, I'm really excited for this!

Really would love to go but i don't think I'll have a ride or any money to spare too purchase anything. But maybe i could find a ride and help educate some of the younger kids their and give out some free small capensis after they repot them and listen to a few minutes on caring for the new plants? Just wondering would really love to participate but i dont have much to contribute this year other then some capensis id like to give away for kids to learn, study and enjoy :)

Wish I could go but too far and expensive to fly from the west coast.:-(

Ramon:D

Commencing last minute road trip planning

Ahrg i wish i want scared to drive on the highway or under tunnels!!

Back