What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs at the Oregon Garden

I visited the Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon for the first time yesterday, expecting to find a number of different CPs. Here is what I was able to locate:

zaws2sU.jpg

A small bog next to the children's garden in the "weird plants" section. The plants look quite new and not particularly healthy to me, though they have good color.

t1jZ3SU.jpg

Another shot of the small bog.

75WIL6y.jpg

And in the tropical greenhouse, a terrarium. :headwall: Somehow these plants look far healthier than the ones outdoors.

The plant I thought I would most likely see, Darlingtonia californica, was nowhere to be found. Nor were there any actual tropical CPs in the tropical greenhouse. While the garden was nice, it was quite disappointing for a CP lover.

That is a rather disappointing selection of plants. I wonder if the people there even know about Darlingtonia californica.

It seems to be more the rule than the exception with not so good collections in botanical gardens...that's just sad because they, from all, have the means to put on a great display of cps

Last edited:
It seems to be more the rule than the exception with not so good collections in botanical gardens...that's just sad because they, from all, have the means to put on a great display of cps

That is one of the things that makes me saddest. With 80 acres, I thought they'd be able to set aside some space for a good CP display. There must not be any employees with an interest in CPs.

Back