Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CPs at the Oregon Garden

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPs at the Oregon Garden

I visited the Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon for the first time yesterday, expecting to find a number of different CPs. Here is what I was able to locate:

A small bog next to the children's garden in the "weird plants" section. The plants look quite new and not particularly healthy to me, though they have good color.

Another shot of the small bog.

And in the tropical greenhouse, a terrarium. Somehow these plants look far healthier than the ones outdoors.

The plant I thought I would most likely see, Darlingtonia californica, was nowhere to be found. Nor were there any actual tropical CPs in the tropical greenhouse. While the garden was nice, it was quite disappointing for a CP lover.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a rather disappointing selection of plants. I wonder if the people there even know about Darlingtonia californica.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be more the rule than the exception with not so good collections in botanical gardens...that's just sad because they, from all, have the means to put on a great display of cps
    Last edited by JMHoff; 08-14-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMHoff View Post
    It seems to be more the rule than the exception with not so good collections in botanical gardens...that's just sad because they, from all, have the means to put on a great display of cps
    That is one of the things that makes me saddest. With 80 acres, I thought they'd be able to set aside some space for a good CP display. There must not be any employees with an interest in CPs.