Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many here also have house plants, not part of a collection

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many here also have house plants, not part of a collection

Just spent the strangest hour and a half. I trimmed and re-potted plants that were neither orchids or carnivorous. I mean my hands were touching actual potting soil, not "media" or sphagnum. It, it, it just didn't feel normal. What's worse, now I don't know where to put them come cold weather.
    Does anyone else here have just plain house plants? Mine used to live in my office come cool weather but I am looking to change jobs after my neck surgery and have brought them home. The only cat safe area they might have gone in is now taken up during the winter by the cymbidiums.
    Last edited by chibae; 08-23-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I'm getting a small collection of random houseplants, though they're leaning towards succulents. It's by no means a "collection" in the sense that I intend on getting all kinds. Just something to spruce the house up a bit, since all my carnivores are either outside or in terrariums.

My money-tree (pachira aquatica) is coming quite a ways since I got it, putting out some big, lush leaves. I've also taken a few pullings from my grandmother's jade plant in the hopes of getting a couple more.

Next year, I'd like to get some mimosa pudica for the living room, and maybe a fern or something. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    Lol, I'm getting a small collection of random houseplants, though they're leaning towards succulents. It's by no means a "collection" in the sense that I intend on getting all kinds. Just something to spruce the house up a bit, since all my carnivores are either outside or in terrariums.

My money-tree (pachira aquatica) is coming quite a ways since I got it, putting out some big, lush leaves. I've also taken a few pullings from my grandmother's jade plant in the hopes of getting a couple more.

Next year, I'd like to get some mimosa pudica for the living room, and maybe a fern or something. XD
    If you need jade plants let me know. Mine drops leaves that grow very, very readily.

For the thread, I have peppers, cacti, and a bromeliad.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzfish View Post
    If you need jade plants let me know. Mine drops leaves that grow very, very readily.

For the thread, I have peppers, cacti, and a bromeliad.
    I can second that for jade, I trimmed two smaller side branches and have put them to root and am thinking of topping the whole thing to have a shorter, fuller plant
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to both of you, but mine is plenty big (nearly 4 feet across), so I have plenty of opportunities to take pieces of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few bonsai , a Jasmine, several Passiflora, several Epiphyllum types, citrus, succulents, and a few subtropical marginal plants to winter over in addition to the orchids and cps. But really most of my cps stay out for the winter.

PS: And some Tillandsia too, but they stay inside year round.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 08-23-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey zatg i have M. Pudica seeds if youd like some they grow pretty good from seed and even their little baby leaves close and open

I have a huge collection of cacti and succulents and some other random plants around i like having plants around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish. I have a few cats that I swear are herbivores. Anything in the plant kingdom that comes in the door and is left out is quickly eaten and promptly vomited up on the carpet by the cats. I'd have a lot of indoor plants if I could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast