Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Here, Be Dragons!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Never read the books; note I did not specify which "Eragon." I've only ever seen the movie, and like that dragon a lot. And I am a major HTTYD fan, despite the fact that the books are an entirely different story from the movie (I like the latter better anyway, but I've read all the books so far), so why people get so mad about movies being different from books doesn't ring with me; I take both as separate tales, always.
    Yep. I also read HTTYD a couple years ago, watched the movies, and enjoyed each. When you look at the movies as separate from the books, some of them are very good.
    Sarracenia Addicted... Lover of all toothed Nepenthes.
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. ~ The Second Amendment

Keep it that way.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until recently, this was probably the most detailed sketch I had done. Fitting, considering the status of the species.
    Bewilderbeast by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dragon of my own creation
    Blizzard by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

For the love of Science! Dragoness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read eragon, adored the books, but the movie departed from it in several ways I couldn't enjoy.

I watched httyd, before reading it, and as a result did not care overmuch for the books.

Ever read any Anne McCaffrey?
    Jen- My Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...00#post1154900
    "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
    -Bradley Miller-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Katya i dont kno what these drawing look like other then Hcarltons drawings and his drawing is black and white a pencil drawing... I dont kno what the dragon is supposed to be color wise lol, i just remarked that the dragons face kinda looked like him to me....but then again im not a dragon expert lol lol lol lol...... I dont think i ever even mentioned colors anyways, the dragon could be purple i wouldnt kno cause the picture is drawn in pencil.. lol to tell u the truth i dont even think i knew what color smaug was until u just told me i didnt like the hobit books or the movies much... But i do dig orlando bloom dressed up as the elf 'legolas, or how ever its spelled'....yumMmMmMmy! And thats prob the only reason they got my money from tickets. Lol!

Plus i really dont like when books and comic books are changed when they make movies so i avoid them and just stick with the books/comics if their in my intrest
    Last edited by KATastrophe; 09-09-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though my favorite dragon is Trogdor... Or how ever its spelled u should draw him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though my favorite dragon is Trogdor... Or how ever its spelled u should draw him

dragon homestarrunner strong bad trogdor homestar: dragon homestarrunner strong bad trogdor homestar - YouTube

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love dragons. My family knows my love of dragons and so they bought me this as a birthday gift. Kinda pricey but if you have a wood stove you'll know this is very much a necessity. Excited to use it this winter.

Dragon Woodstove Steamer | Gifts $50 - $75

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast