What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WordPress users: Do Not Update MarketPress to 3.0.1 at least not yet...

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Ok so I spent the last 4 days updating every single page of my online record shop to the new layout and today MarketPress the e-commerce (online store) plugin by WordPress (which is awesome in general) said to update to the new version. If you have an online shop DO NOT update to this new version. Your Admin panel will tell you to do the upgrade, I'm warning you now, don't do it. Especially if you have 100s or 1000s of items.

It's so buggy I don't even know where to begin. Essentially it will burn your shop down, pages won't load, store settings don't take, no countries appear in the shopping cart so the cart doesn't work, can not price variations, product images won't load on product pages or store pages. Site has fatal errors trying to load store pages with this new version.

I was lucky enough to have a backup zip of the original MarketPress. I reinstalled that over the new version which restored my site almost 100%. I had a few custom settings I had to redo in CSS to get everything back perfect but good lord, with a premium paid plug-in you'd think they would do a bit of testing before unleashing this travesty upon the WordPress world....

Last edited:
Updates can definitely suck! I don't use it, but appreciate the heads up. :)

Their past updates have been fine but with 3.0 they appear to have redesigned the entire framework of MarketPress and it's not working at all. Some of the new features are nice but are only worthwhile if it works. Will be interesting to google the update tomorrow when more people begin installing it and find out their shops are now completely useless. I don't belong to any techie sites but someone who does should post this info to them at least so people can backup their old plugin version before trying the upgrade.

I have MP on a few sites but I had updated on my main site. Next time, I'm definitely gonna be testing the new version on a store with just a couple items! LOL

For major updates I make a current copy of the forum, exactly as it's running.. and do the upgrade there as a test. It's extra work, but has definitely saved problems in the past.
Good luck on your next attempt!

I didn't know if it was going to be possible to install an older plug in version over a new one, glad that seems to work! :)

This is the first time I've had an update go bad on me, maybe that's just luck but I will definitely be sure to have a backup before updating again! ha ha

The latest is WPDEV team has removed 3.0 because it doesn't work and anyone who installed it wrecked their site.

Hopefully not everyone did the update! LOL

Class action lawsuit time.

Back