Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Books?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest my book "Growing Carnivorous Plants in the Tropics" if you have lowland species you want to grow or if you have tropical weather or live in Florida or Texas. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite CP book is "Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada" second edition by Donald E. Schnell. Its a little older so could be more up to date with the various recent name changes in the sarrs, and I wish it had a bit more detailed info on cultivation, but otherwise the book is really super.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any other suggestions? Or are the two enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareraven View Post
    any other suggestions? Or are the two enough?
    There really aren't that many books on cultivating carnivorous plants in print.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In print or not, most anything and everything is still available, either through Amazon or Abebooks. A partial list took less than five minutes, with most prices generally less than US 20.00; some even under 10.00 . . .

Karnivoren by Barthlott, et al (now in English as well as The Curious World of Carnivorous Plants: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Biology and Cultivation); Carnivorous Plants by Tony Camilleri; The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato; Cultivating Carnivorous Plants by Natch Greyes; Carnivorous Plants: Care and Cultivation by Marcel Lecoufle; Carnivorous Plants of the World by Janes Pietropaolo; Growing Carnivorous Plants in the Tropics by Cindy Chaing Lih Pyng; Growing Carnivorous Plants by Barry Rice; Carnivorous Plants by Randall Schwartz; Carnivorous Plants by Adrian Slack; Insect Eaters and Insect Eating Plants and How to Grow Them by Adrian Slack . . .

Nothing really substantial has changed in terms of cultivation practices; and my most valued books still date from the 1980s . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 09-09-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I think you should read MY book. I know I've not written it yet but put an order in and I'll type it next week.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol fredg

Bigbella, thanks for that list thats great! I would like more cp books myself for many plants that arent really discussed about much, theirs always more to learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry Rice's book is very good too. I bought Natch's book a couple of months ago but haven't had the chance to pay it any attention yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast