What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books?

In print or not, most anything and everything is still available, either through Amazon or Abebooks. A partial list took less than five minutes, with most prices generally less than US 20.00; some even under 10.00 . . .

Karnivoren by Barthlott, et al (now in English as well as The Curious World of Carnivorous Plants: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Biology and Cultivation); Carnivorous Plants by Tony Camilleri; The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato; Cultivating Carnivorous Plants by Natch Greyes; Carnivorous Plants: Care and Cultivation by Marcel Lecoufle; Carnivorous Plants of the World by Janes Pietropaolo; Growing Carnivorous Plants in the Tropics by Cindy Chaing Lih Pyng; Growing Carnivorous Plants by Barry Rice; Carnivorous Plants by Randall Schwartz; Carnivorous Plants by Adrian Slack; Insect Eaters and Insect Eating Plants and How to Grow Them by Adrian Slack . . .

Nothing really substantial has changed in terms of cultivation practices; and my most valued books still date from the 1980s . . .

Last edited:
OK I think you should read MY book. I know I've not written it yet but put an order in and I'll type it next week.:-O

Lol fredg

Bigbella, thanks for that list thats great! I would like more cp books myself for many plants that arent really discussed about much, theirs always more to learn.

Barry Rice's book is very good too. I bought Natch's book a couple of months ago but haven't had the chance to pay it any attention yet.

Barry's website is a good read too!

Back