Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plant tracking program

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdub804 View Post
    I keep track of everything too, including germ/dates fert/schedules etc. I use ms OneNote now. It makes a backup ever time you close it, and syncs that backup to all devices with your ms account.
    OneNote is a proprietary utility that does not allow exporting of your data in anything but other "locked in" file formats, such as Word and PDF. The long term accessibility of .ONE files is far from ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    OneNote is a proprietary utility that does not allow exporting of your data in anything but other "locked in" file formats, such as Word and PDF. The long term accessibility of .ONE files is far from ideal.
    Well, "word" and "pdf" files aren't exactly proprietary. There are many applications now (such as OpenOffice / LibreOffice and TurboPDF) that can both open, and save in those file formats. Freely, I might add. Those file extensions aren't going away anytime soon.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Critterware is using xml files. Perhaps CPGrowlist too. XML is tne new CSV. They are actually better because the data schema is contained in the file and quotation marks, single quotes, tabs and commas embedded in the data don't cause problems as they do in CSV files.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the ideas......

WHT!.... CP-GrowList opened. LOL

I tried the compatibility modes several times yesterday. Reinstalling the program. Restarting the computer......and now for some reason I tried one more time just now and it opened. Didn't re-start the computer since yesterday, when I tried that after re-installing and such.
    Crazy.
    Last edited by elgecko; 09-21-2015 at 02:12 PM.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldiver View Post
    On a different note, has anyone upgraded to Win 10, and had some slowdown issues, the blue swirly circle thing?
    I only installed Windows 10 yesterday, and have not experienced any slowdowns.
    It's running really well, other then the CP-GrowList program not working at first, that is now . Haven't tried all my programs yet to see if I have any other issues or not.
    What might have helped me, about a month before I decided I was going to accept the Windows 10 upgrade. I did a full factory restore on my computer.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed Windows 10 on release day and the only issue I've had is that it wasn't seeing the pictures on my camera, but Microsoft solved that with an update after about a month.

Thanks for all the links to the various programs, everyone. I've just been keeping a spreadsheet and never thought to look for software specifically designed for this sort of task.
    Last edited by nimbulan; 09-21-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use a notebook myself, sometimes a few notes on a notes app on my phone when I don't feel like grabbing my book at that moment or something.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123