Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmmhmm (EBay)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chibae View Post
    Just for fun I researched the buyer as much as I could and in the last 30 days he has had no bid retractions. So if he has been biding prior to these plants in the last 30 days he was either outbid or paid for them. Price jacking is fine, IMHO, as long as you actually pay and not retract or cancel.
    If you pay for what you win it isn't price jacking, it's out competing the competition.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get where your comming from ive been in a few bids where someone who knows the seller jacks up the price hoping the nieve or plant crazy will keep out bidding their planted bidder.. But its not always the case.. Ive seen ppl who just have the money and dont want it getting away so they rather put up a crazy amount of money for the said item to show that they want the item and they have money to burn on it.. And it either scares ppl away OR hightens the competivness in ppl to get something they really really want for an absurd amount of money. I personally don't like to bid i ask the seller (if their isnt any intrest in the item) if they'd be willing to sell the item as a 'buy now' for the price theyd want for it, some are more then happy to help others think its cheating but ive noticed if no one bids after its ended they sometimes are more likely to post it as a 'buy now' and skip the bidding war drama's.

Plus some of these plants arent very common but ive seen bigger plants of those types being sold by trustworthy sellers on other sites (not like ebay) for a more reasonable price and of a larger size and in good health

Goodluck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, how dare they buy stuff with their own money. The audacity of some people these days, its like they think they can just go buy things because they want them.
    Last edited by Sashoke; 10-06-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone is salty..

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Now, now children. I can understand the OP's frustration. When you're looking for an item or one of a set of items and the same individual beats out because they have far deeper pockets, it can be frustrating. However, as most commenters have pointed out, if one has those deep pockets, it is completely within their purview to make use of their largess. If I was flush with $, I too would buy what I wanted without worrying that someone else might want those same items.
    "Blessed are the crackedů.
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bottom Line: if you can't stomach the way auctions work when it comes to buying hard-to-find plants, then don't even look at fleabay, because a genuinely rare plant can sell for an absurd sum. Im not defending the fleabay paradigm, nor do I care to stick up for those who can afford to pay piracy prices for things - I'm just making observations about the nature of online auctions.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now all you have to do is wait four days and watch this guy break the bank.

Anyways, i find it just plain dumb to bid on things days before their end time.
    It just fosters more price jacking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post

1. Jacking every single price up to a ridiculous amount as to where no one else wants to buy anything on eBay is rude.

2. Anyone can earn money. The fact that someone with an unknown grower reputation can just go in and immediately buy plants like these is ludicrous… Thats why forums like this exist, so you can get the plant you want to sell to a known grower for a reasonable price.
    Regarding point #1: As Judy pointed out - if you are willing to bid that high, you're not "price jacking" - you're just sending the message that you can afford to pay an absurd amount for a few grams of plant tissue. How is that "rude"??

Regarding Point #2: "someone with an unknown grower reputation"?! Precisely what do you know about the bidder's "reputation"? You're making a judgement based on what, exactly? And what do we know about your "reputation" as a grower?! That's absurd. All I'm hearing is sour grapes left and right.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 10-07-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast