User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 102

Thread: Mmmhmm (EBay)

  1. #33
    I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Zone 5
    Posts
    830
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post
    I'm not telling anybody what to do with their money, however if you sold a rare plant you had been keeping for many years would you want it to go to a good or bad grower?
    Well of course, but then you shouldnt be selling it on ebay! LOL


    People sell on ebay to fetch high prices. This is exactly what ebay was designed to do.
    IT also lets anybody around the world see the auction, so anybody can buy it. These people are selling
    for either pure profit, or to spread plants.

    True growers who want their trophy plants preserved will sell on forums, or give
    away to trusted growers. But it just so happens, this very forum is one of the last few
    places on the web that has actual active members, so its rather difficult to even
    give the plants away to the RIGHT people in the first place!


    That being said however, everybody deserves a chance with a couple rare plants.
    Everybody told me to start with beginner plants and work my way up to Hamatas.
    (Keep in mind im still learning) However after buying many beginner plants and getting tired
    of slow growth I bought a hamata in spite, (not from ebay) and it today is still the fastest and most vigorous
    specimen in my collection! Give the light weight growers a chance too.

    --But the question is, How far are you willing to chase the mad bidder down the rabbit hole for your prize?

  2. #34
    dynastes67 Satanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NemJones View Post
    Well of course, but then you shouldnt be selling it on ebay! LOL


    People sell on ebay to fetch high prices. This is exactly what ebay was designed to do.
    IT also lets anybody around the world see the auction, so anybody can buy it. These people are selling
    for either pure profit, or to spread plants.

    True growers who want their trophy plants preserved will sell on forums, or give
    away to trusted growers. But it just so happens, this very forum is one of the last few
    places on the web that has actual active members, so its rather difficult to even
    give the plants away to the RIGHT people in the first place!


    That being said however, everybody deserves a chance with a couple rare plants.
    Everybody told me to start with beginner plants and work my way up to Hamatas.
    (Keep in mind im still learning) However after buying many beginner plants and getting tired
    of slow growth I bought a hamata in spite, (not from ebay) and it today is still the fastest and most vigorous
    specimen in my collection! Give the light weight growers a chance too.

    --But the question is, How far are you willing to chase the mad bidder down the rabbit hole for your prize?
    Great points! I'm glad you decided to get the hamata! as for the plant I'm chasing-$1000 into the ground
    I myself am a small grower, but I wouldn't necessarily relate small to inexperienced.

  3. #35
    BS Bulldozer SubRosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NemJones View Post
    Well of course, but then you shouldnt be selling it on ebay! LOL


    People sell on ebay to fetch high prices. This is exactly what ebay was designed to do.
    IT also lets anybody around the world see the auction, so anybody can buy it. These people are selling
    for either pure profit, or to spread plants.

    True growers who want their trophy plants preserved will sell on forums, or give
    away to trusted growers. But it just so happens, this very forum is one of the last few
    places on the web that has actual active members, so its rather difficult to even
    give the plants away to the RIGHT people in the first place!


    That being said however, everybody deserves a chance with a couple rare plants.
    Everybody told me to start with beginner plants and work my way up to Hamatas.
    (Keep in mind im still learning) However after buying many beginner plants and getting tired
    of slow growth I bought a hamata in spite, (not from ebay) and it today is still the fastest and most vigorous
    specimen in my collection! Give the light weight growers a chance too.

    --But the question is, How far are you willing to chase the mad bidder down the rabbit hole for your prize?
    With respects to William Munny, deserve has got nuthin' to do with it. Obtaining these plants on eBay requires cash. To be more specific, disposable cash. Would you say everybody deserves disposable cash? Think before you answer, because everybody means EVERYBODY whether they want to earn it or not. It still comes down to having first earned the money.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

  4. #36
    I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Zone 5
    Posts
    830
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    With respects to William Munny, deserve has got nuthin' to do with it. Obtaining these plants on eBay requires cash. To be more specific, disposable cash. Would you say everybody deserves disposable cash? Think before you answer, because everybody means EVERYBODY whether they want to earn it or not. It still comes down to having first earned the money.
    Well this is true, but I dont think having more money than the other guy makes you deserve it more!
    All im saying is that prices shouldnt get astronomically high. However on ebay, thats the name of the game.

  5. #37

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post
    D) In no way, shape, or form can you prove the majority of bidders are members here, so don't make that claim.
    The community is not as big as you might think it is
    Last edited by Harow; 10-08-2015 at 11:36 AM.

  6. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To who said: I would ask why does one's rep as a grower matter more than one's shoe size in this particular situation?

    And: Because OP and kat are implying that if you have no rep/skill as a grower you shouldnt buy plants.

    Anyways, For all you know these people may be buying the plants just to kill them!
    who are you to tell these people what to do with their money??-?
    -----------------

    I think u were misunderstanding my question based on what the OP stated in his original Post.
    Not that i think a reputation to grow these plants should really matter cause many growers keep to themselves and dont post on forums to have a reputation to prove their growing and care skills but that doesn't mean they don't have the expirience and skills to do so. I was simply asking how the op could jump to the conclusion that the person they are talking about doesn't have a reputation to skillfully grow such plants and how they could assume that even without a reputation that they couldn't skillfully grow the plants their bidding on - without knowing who the person their talking about is.

    I think if tge person has the money and wants the plant and can care for the plant then they should get the plant. Regardless if i think the price is ridiculous that's not my place to judge. If they have the money and are willing to spend it then so be it. As long as they aren't doing something malicious to win these bids unfairly (which I've seen happen) then i don't think the person should be getting picked apart over things they want to purchase with their own money.

    What is the plant you are looking for, since u said your not looking for all their bidding on which is the one your personally looking for maybe someone on here has a better, cheaper And reliable source to get it from and avoid this thread becoming a bunch of craziness.

  7. #39
    BS Bulldozer SubRosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NemJones View Post
    Well this is true, but I dont think having more money than the other guy makes you deserve it more!
    All im saying is that prices shouldnt get astronomically high. However on ebay, thats the name of the game.
    My point is that nobody deserves to buy these plants. The word deserve is badly misused in applying it to this situation.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 10-08-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

  8. #40
    BS Bulldozer SubRosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KATastrophe View Post
    To who said: I would ask why does one's rep as a grower matter more than one's shoe size in this particular situation?

    And: Because OP and kat are implying that if you have no rep/skill as a grower you shouldnt buy plants.

    Anyways, For all you know these people may be buying the plants just to kill them!
    who are you to tell these people what to do with their money??-?
    -----------------

    I think u were misunderstanding my question based on what the OP stated in his original Post.
    Not that i think a reputation to grow these plants should really matter cause many growers keep to themselves and dont post on forums to have a reputation to prove their growing and care skills but that doesn't mean they don't have the expirience and skills to do so. I was simply asking how the op could jump to the conclusion that the person they are talking about doesn't have a reputation to skillfully grow such plants and how they could assume that even without a reputation that they couldn't skillfully grow the plants their bidding on - without knowing who the person their talking about is.

    I think if tge person has the money and wants the plant and can care for the plant then they should get the plant. Regardless if i think the price is ridiculous that's not my place to judge. If they have the money and are willing to spend it then so be it. As long as they aren't doing something malicious to win these bids unfairly (which I've seen happen) then i don't think the person should be getting picked apart over things they want to purchase with their own money.

    What is the plant you are looking for, since u said your not looking for all their bidding on which is the one your personally looking for maybe someone on here has a better, cheaper And reliable source to get it from and avoid this thread becoming a bunch of craziness.
    You don't get it. Ability has no bearing on who should get a plant which is auctioned on eBay. If a person with lots of money wants the plant, he/she will likely get it, regardless of their growing ability.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •