Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup - I said that. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post
    When He won the auction (obviously) at $1024, he then deactivated his account.

Its worth pointing out that the OP is complaining about prices being driven too high on fleabay, and yet read the above! *introduces the pot to the kettle*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Its worth pointing out that the OP is complaining about prices being driven too high on fleabay, and yet read the above! *introduces the pot to the kettle*
    You seem to make an argument and then drop it completely for another when I shut it down.
    If you could read I clearly state that while the prices are ridiculous on eBay, I have a problem with the fact that anyone can purchase a live rare plant.

If you could read (again) I also state that the beetle sold on eBay was a dead insect with no further value in the breeding hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you get to be the Breeder Police, huh? Deciding who can and cannot have Beetles for breeding?!

This nearly made me spit my coffee out Paul, I found this line way funnier than I should have
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kat, the problem here is EXACTLY what you're saying. Because they have no reputation, no information, no background in the plant-growing world, you CAN'T know whether the plant you're sending out (assuming you care what happens to it) will end up dying because of neglect, or malign schemes, or whether it will be given the chance to thrive in a well-regulated, properly set up environment.

For this same reason, if you've never used a credit card or taken out a small loan or anything like that, There's almost NO way you're getting a Loan for a car or house from any bank, because they know nothing about you, and have to wonder whether you'll actually pay them back or not. It seems the OP is frustrated with the possibility that someone could be buying "Only the best for little Johnny" and 2 weeks later, little Johnny will be crying for a new one because he killed the poor thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanas View Post
    You seem to make an argument and then drop it completely for another when I shut it down.
    If you could read I clearly state that while the prices are ridiculous on eBay, I have a problem with the fact that anyone can purchase a live rare plant.
    I'm guessing you didn't get the plant you were bidding on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly hope you aren't insinuating this is something the merchant you singled out in the original post has done, because that particular seller is one of the most reputable, honest and genuine suppliers in the hobby. You wouldn't want to suggest he's doing anything as dishonest and underhanded as that, would you?? Because that sounds like what you're implying.
    He didn't, stop freaking out.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you get to be the Breeder Police, huh? Deciding who can and cannot have Beetles for breeding?! Now I understand where your attitude about who is or isn't fit to grow expensive Nepenthes comes from!
    My sister is a German Shepherd breeder. So allow me to shed some light on a subject I know much about.

I assume everyone here knows what backyard breeders are? They breed dogs to death and give them little in the way of food or good care which results in cheap yet inferior dogs. Thousands of naive people end up buying said dogs because their cheap and the professional breeders and animal populations as a whole suffer greatly because of it. While plants may be a tad different this is how it works for animals. Considering how rare his beetles are he also reserves the right not to create his own competition by selling to known breeders.

So, even though we have completely derailed the thread I hope you learned a few things about the fine art of animal breeding.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast