Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, that doesnt work either. The thermal properties of platic prevents cold from penetrating the plastic
    And doesnt cool the plant. Also, you cannot mix highland and lowland plants. (Unless you really wana kill that hamata.)

Stop trying to go around the system skooge. Get that hamata a propper setup, and grow it correctly.
    If you buy the rarest and most beautiful gems in the plant world you better show them respect and
    Give them the propper conditions, especially if you have no more than 3 months experience.
    starting with the most exotic plants and no setup is a recipe for plant death and grower sorrow.
    (Ps- it took my highland chamber half a year to stabalize and hold correct temps/humidity.)

Sounds like you have a little under a week to get movin mate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it ok to just mist it a lot with DI? That way there's air movement and humidity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lolnope. Sorry buddy, it doesnt work like that either. Misting increases the humidity around the plant
    by MAYBE 20%, but thats only for 3 hours at most if youre lucky. You will quickly desiccate the pitchers
    and the leaves, while the mist runs down to the roots and encourages rot.

You need to get an ultrasonic humidifier, hook it up to a greenhouse (AT LEAST a person sized one)
    get air movement, a stable environment, reliable lighting, and reliable cooling.

Im not trying to shoot you down here skooge, but Ive been here myself. You will bargain
    ANYTHING just to try to grow the species you want, but if you do that you will find that
    far down the latter, it was not worth it. You will end up back tracking and trying to fix the problem
    that could have been avoided years ago if you just started it out correctly. And you hope that
    those plants you once coveted so hard are not in danger. (It just so happens that the really really pretty ones like to die easily.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way I can keep it alvie until I get a greenhouse? Can i make it go dormant?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, these plants come from the tropics fool! there is no dormancy!

I really dont know how you expect to work this one out dude. Ill help you as much as I can
    but when you dont have lights, a humidifier, or even a place to properly grow this plant its going to
    be the hat trick of the year if you can pull it off. (This is why I get all my supplies before I start the project!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't I put it in stasis? like cryogenesis, they can do it with people why not plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, you know, cryogenics is only used on dead people. Unless you've been learning everything from movies, we can't freeze people and bring them back to life.

In short, there is absolutely no way whatsoever you can keep it alive and in stasis - not by cryogenics, not by any magic tricks, nothing. You either provide the environment it needs like in its natural habitat, or it's a very expensive dead plant.

Also, on another note (since it's been asked by others many times before), putting it in the fridge every night won't work either.
    Last edited by w03; 11-10-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast