Likes Likes:  38
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New Nepenthes edwardsiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benurmanii View Post
    I just find it surprising you're willing to risk an expensive plant like that. I wouldn't base anything off of "so-far". What if it gets upotted while you're gone? You'd have a dead plant for sure.
    Eh I should be able to get another one. Or, I may just out that bigger eddy in the tank cause it has thicker leaves

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The snake's feces and dead skin should provide some nutrients for the plants. The CO2 released when your snake exhales would also be beneficial. Great way to think outside the box!

And if the snake decides to constrict your seedling, just buy another one. No biggie!
    Last edited by mato; 02-07-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    The snake's feces and dead skin should provide some nutrients for the plants. The CO2 released when your snake exhales would also be beneficial. Great way to think outside the box!

And if the snake decides to constrict your seedling, just buy another one. No biggie!
    Dude snakes eat meat, not plants. Nice try though 😜

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I...don't know what to say anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WolframOmega View Post
    I...don't know what to say anymore.
    One word: Phish

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phising is trying to steal financial information, which I have no need to do. I was just playing dumb with mato for making fun of me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skoogenheimer View Post
    Phising is trying to steal financial information, which I have no need to do. I was just playing dumb with mato for making fun of me
    How about Drama Phishing?

Its my hypothesis that you are fully aware that this species is regarded by people of this community as one of the "holy grail" species and as such has greater intrinsic value than perhaps any other. Then there is the fact that it is one of the most expensive species to acquire. Now factor in your casual attitude towards ownership of what is reputedly now your second plant of it, its hard not to conclude that you are engineering a situation in which your intent is to inflame and upset the readers who do not have the resources to purchase one. You treat the plant as if its disposable, with your "Eh I should be able to get another one" attitude, and I am certain you know that is an offensive message to send into the community. So yes - lets call this Drama Phishing. This thread doesn't merit taking seriously, IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am aware, that's why I wanted one so badly. I was looking for advice at first but I was mocked, so I left for a while to see if I could grow them on my own.

I now have one in my boa tank which never gets below 70, despite everyone saying it would die immediately. I have more experience growing it than most on here, yet they still mock me.

Of course I'm going to use sarcasm when my success with the holy grail is met with scorn.

End rant.