What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any of these forum features/games interst you?

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello! I'd like to get something new on the forum... But I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in them or not so I figured I would just ask and see what you guys thought of them.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in any of these, not saying it would happen but your input is appreciated! If you like more than one, rate them in order so I can see if there is a clear winner. :p

1) Being able to tag other users... This would alert them and let them know they were tagged so they could check out the topic. Sats are kept on who has been tagged and such for fun....

2) Forum "points" system... It gives points to users based on how long registered, how long on the forum, how many threads created, replies made, how many replies have been made to your threads etc... Just a fun competition and I believe there may even be a trophy that gets passed around and stuff.

3) Monster capturing/breeding/battling game I guess it is pokemon inspired kinda thing... just another waste of time kind of deal I guess. :p

Andrew

I think doing it as a poll might be better. This time I put my rankings in red so they can be seen.

1) Being able to tag other users... This would alert them and let them know they were tagged so they could check out the topic. Sats are kept on who has been tagged and such for fun....SECOND, could be useful

2) Forum "points" system... It gives points to users based on how long registered, how long on the forum, how many threads created, replies made, how many replies have been made to your threads etc... Just a fun competition and I believe there may even be a trophy that gets passed around and stuff....THIRD, might be fun but doesn't really grab me

3) Monster capturing/breeding/battling game I guess it is pokemon inspired kinda thing... just another waste of time kind of deal I guess. :p ...FIRST, this could be fun

Andrew

I wanted people to be able to text their answers and have a dialogue about it... figured responses could be like:

1) second choice, could be useful
2) third choice, might be fun but doesn't really grab me
3) first choice, this could be fun

or whatever. :p

Thanks for your reply!
Andrew

1) Sounds great! Very useful on another forum and is frequently used by most of the members there.
2) Probably not. :p Seems more like an ego boost thing than anything else.
3) Yes please!

1) That is an interesting idea. Could lead to more activity if people know whats being commented on.
2)I really like this idea, but then it could provoke spam posting, but that in turn could raise website traffic...
:scratch:
3) Meh. i visit this place for reading

I know that the users here would have alot of fun with more chat symbols if that was
an option :cool:

Last edited:
If you have some emote that you would like added... I'm always accepting them! send me a PM with a link to it and I'll see what I can do ;)

Hello! I'd like to get something new on the forum... But I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in them or not so I figured I would just ask and see what you guys thought of them.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in any of these, not saying it would happen but your input is appreciated! If you like more than one, rate them in order so I can see if there is a clear winner. :p

1) Being able to tag other users... This would alert them and let them know they were tagged so they could check out the topic. Sats are kept on who has been tagged and such for fun....

2) Forum "points" system... It gives points to users based on how long registered, how long on the forum, how many threads created, replies made, how many replies have been made to your threads etc... Just a fun competition and I believe there may even be a trophy that gets passed around and stuff.

3) Monster capturing/breeding/battling game I guess it is pokemon inspired kinda thing... just another waste of time kind of deal I guess. :p

Andrew

1) Yes, that's just a useful tool that would come in handy all the time.

2) Please no, people have big enough heads on this forum ;)

3) As long as it doesn't change the core system of people who use the forum to learn etc.

1) Absolutely
2) Interesting concept, but as others mentioned it could cause unnecessary stratification within the community. I prefer to think of us all as equally nerdy.
3) Almost complete disinterest, sorry.

1) Why not.
2) Absolutely not!
3) as long as I don't have to see it, I couldn't care less.

1. - as long as I can opt out of notifications. It's annoying enough with the notification popup that wants to persist even after you've viewed the notifications until you reload the home page. If someone feels I need to participate in a thread they can always give me a personal invite via PM.
2. - more or less useless statistics that are really of only interest to the system administrator
3. - as long as it doesn't impact the server.

#1 Agree with NaN ... Sounds good but an option to opt out or otherwise turn off the feature would be desirable.

#2. Unnecessary, I think. Others have brought up a possible undesirable consequence which had not occurred to me.

#3. Could be fun but -- as has been mentioned -- as long as it would not negatively impact (bog down) the server.

1. Sure, as long as I can turn it off if it bugs me....
2. I think I agree with David F here. ;) Nope.
3. Don't personally care about this one, but if I don't have to see it and it doesn't slow anything down I suppose it doesn't matter.

Alrighty... user tagging it is.
Andrew

1. I agree with katya, "as long as I could turn it off if it bugs me."
2. No way. As others have said, too many big egos on here already.
3. No interest whatsoever in this one. I visit for plant info and CP talk, not to play games. Also, like David F. said it might change the core system of the people who use the forum.

1. I think I'm in line with most people: so long as I can change my notification preferences I think it'd be worth a trial run.

2. Fortunately I think that the "Informational" button/metric serves much of the functional part of this, without the caveats. I think it'd be interesting to see these metrics, but the space below the avatar is already getting a bit crowded. I know some forums will do a user grouping (newb, experienced member, ancient member, whatever) which I'm indifferent about, but not actively opposed to. haha

3. I'd probably poke around with this some day, but that's about it.

Back