User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of these forum features/games interst you?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any of these forum features/games interst you?

Hello! I'd like to get something new on the forum... But I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in them or not so I figured I would just ask and see what you guys thought of them.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in any of these, not saying it would happen but your input is appreciated! If you like more than one, rate them in order so I can see if there is a clear winner.

1) Being able to tag other users... This would alert them and let them know they were tagged so they could check out the topic. Sats are kept on who has been tagged and such for fun....

2) Forum "points" system... It gives points to users based on how long registered, how long on the forum, how many threads created, replies made, how many replies have been made to your threads etc... Just a fun competition and I believe there may even be a trophy that gets passed around and stuff.

3) Monster capturing/breeding/battling game I guess it is pokemon inspired kinda thing... just another waste of time kind of deal I guess. :P

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think doing it as a poll might be better. This time I put my rankings in red so they can be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post

1) Being able to tag other users... This would alert them and let them know they were tagged so they could check out the topic. Sats are kept on who has been tagged and such for fun....SECOND, could be useful

2) Forum "points" system... It gives points to users based on how long registered, how long on the forum, how many threads created, replies made, how many replies have been made to your threads etc... Just a fun competition and I believe there may even be a trophy that gets passed around and stuff....THIRD, might be fun but doesn't really grab me

3) Monster capturing/breeding/battling game I guess it is pokemon inspired kinda thing... just another waste of time kind of deal I guess. :P ...FIRST, this could be fun

Andrew
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wanted people to be able to text their answers and have a dialogue about it... figured responses could be like:

1) second choice, could be useful
    2) third choice, might be fun but doesn't really grab me
    3) first choice, this could be fun
    or whatever.

Thanks for your reply!
    Andrew
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Sounds great! Very useful on another forum and is frequently used by most of the members there.
    2) Probably not. Seems more like an ego boost thing than anything else.
    3) Yes please!
    How can gravity be so strong if it doesn't even lift?
    >Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/gr...-growlist.html

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) That is an interesting idea. Could lead to more activity if people know whats being commented on.
    2)I really like this idea, but then it could provoke spam posting, but that in turn could raise website traffic...

3) Meh. i visit this place for reading

I know that the users here would have alot of fun with more chat symbols if that was
    an option
    Last edited by NemJones; 01-21-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have some emote that you would like added... I'm always accepting them! send me a PM with a link to it and I'll see what I can do
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Hello! I'd like to get something new on the forum... But I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in them or not so I figured I would just ask and see what you guys thought of them.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in any of these, not saying it would happen but your input is appreciated! If you like more than one, rate them in order so I can see if there is a clear winner.

1) Being able to tag other users... This would alert them and let them know they were tagged so they could check out the topic. Sats are kept on who has been tagged and such for fun....

2) Forum "points" system... It gives points to users based on how long registered, how long on the forum, how many threads created, replies made, how many replies have been made to your threads etc... Just a fun competition and I believe there may even be a trophy that gets passed around and stuff.

3) Monster capturing/breeding/battling game I guess it is pokemon inspired kinda thing... just another waste of time kind of deal I guess. :P

Andrew

1) Yes, that's just a useful tool that would come in handy all the time.

2) Please no, people have big enough heads on this forum

3) As long as it doesn't change the core system of people who use the forum to learn etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Absolutely
    2) Interesting concept, but as others mentioned it could cause unnecessary stratification within the community. I prefer to think of us all as equally nerdy.
    3) Almost complete disinterest, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast