Informational! Informational!:  5
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good but Cheap Humidifier?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gone through a couple humidifiers (for a baby, musical instruments, orchids, Nepenthes), but I like this one best at this moment:
    Amazon.com: Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with 2.3 Gallon output per day - Orange: Health & Personal Care
    You can attach vinyl tubings easily to pump humidity into the grow tent (I have them controlled by humidistat). Some of the ultrasonic models didn't last more than 1-2 years, but most of the Crane ones (I also have a Hello Kitty model and a couple animal models) seem to last for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cheap Pure Guardian unit that I got from Walmart at least 2 years ago that still works perfectly. The nice thing about it is when I popped off the little output diffuser it turned out that 1" schedule 40 PVC pipe is an easy but snug enough fit. I fitted a plastic "u" bend leftover from a sink repair to a short section of pipe and it discharges straight down. The unit sits on top of a light fixture above an open top 36" x 36" x 27" cube terrarium and produces a nice light fog in the tank. When I ran an additional ultrasonic fogger inside the enclosure I got whiteout conditions.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally use a six disk ultrasonic fogger that can humidify a small room if you have a fan on it to keep the fog from ground hugging. It wasn't cheap but you can find smaller ones for ten to twenty dollars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would the small ultrasonic foggers from eBay that are 24v work in this case? They are meant for small decorations but I mean they still make a small bit of fog for small setups and they are pretty cheap compared to the repti fogger for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What size enclosure are you looking to humidify? Even a small decorative ultrasonic mister will work for small enclosures (and be overkill).

Also, is your product within the warranty period? They've been pretty good with my warranty claims in the past.

There's been some misinformation about room humidifiers in this thread. There are plenty of humidifiers that utilize ultrasound and will output more than enough humidity for most enclosures. I have one that I got a few years back for about $40 that'll empty a mostly-full 1gal reservoir in the space of 8 to 10 hours. That's a good amount of water. On high it lets out a big, steady stream of visible water vapor.

The humidifier you linked has a 2.2L (~half gallon) capacity and a max run time of 12h to deplete it. So even at the lowest setting it'll put out about a half gallon over a single photoperiod. How much water were you going through with your previous unit?
    Last edited by Est; 01-31-2016 at 08:02 PM.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Humidifier, Raspberry Amazon.com: Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Humidifier, Raspberry: Baby i use this to good effect.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Growlist
    IN HOC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Est The enclosure is a 30 gal tank. With the repti fogger I always kept it on the lowest setting, I believe it took around 8 hours to run out of water but I never really timed it, so not 100% sure. The warranty has expired, but even if it hadn't I wouldn't want a humidifier that leaks water into its electric parts.

The decorative misters have me intrigued, I am going to take a look at them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 30gal is pretty tiny for a humidifier, which is great! Keep in mind that you'll need to figure out how you want to do your water reservoir and that the standalone decorative units may not have an auto-off function when water levels get too low. I believe those units will break themselves if run without water for long enough.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast