Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Window 10 Woes

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any camera driver that works on Windows 7 should work on Windows 10 as well. Did you try reinstalling the camera drivers/software?

Contrary to the experience of others here I've had a very smooth transition from 7 to 10. I did also have an issue with my camera (my computer would show no pictures on it,) but Microsoft fixed that problem after about a month.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a multiple boot setup on my 7 year old PC - XP, Win7 and Win10 x64. If a program XP I have doesn't run under Win7 it doesn't work under Win10. And naturally my 16bit DOS and Windows 98 programs won't run on Win10 x64. You can run a 32bit virtual machine to run those. Some programs need to run as an Administrator under Win10 but that's it - no major software or hardware compatibility other than lack of Hyper V support.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any drivers or software for the camera. I just hook it up between the camera and pc. There would be a camera icon and the option to upload. Now the icon doesn't appear and a message tells me that there is a problem. Yes, I know there is a problem. Nikon? Does that work for Kodak? I tried uploading to a Windws 7 pc at the the local library. I had to navigate my way through it, but it worked. What drivers would I need and where do I get them? Online tutorials haven't worked and one has me clicking on a camera icon that doesn't show up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the camera show as an external drive?
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the settings menu on the camera. There is probably a setting for Transfer method or something similar. Try the various settings but "PC" should work.

The camera should appear as a removable drive and you should be able to simply drag and drop the images off the card to the PC.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son pulled the card out of the camera. I think that's the approach you are referring to. It didn't work for Windows 10. I'm not sure what an external drive means, or to recognize it. This is what I have:

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...170-159-13.jpgKodak EasyShare C713 Silver 7.0 MP 3X Optical Zoom Digital Camera - Newegg.com

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By external drive, he means that it'll show up in "This PC" (My Computer in Windows 7) next to your hard drive and DVD drive. I always get a desktop notification popup when I plug in a storage device as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be of use:
    Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Plugging in the Camera to a USB cable or putting the memory card in a reader should show up in the file explorer or on This PC as a removeable device/drive, typically drive E:. Some multiple card readers may show multiple drives depending on the type of card, e.g. E:,F: and G: and you have to look at the drives to see which is your card. See the section in the above link "Import Photos and Videos manually using File Explorer".
    Last edited by Not a Number; 03-14-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast