What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window 10 Woes

Would it be too annoying to say that I have no problems at all with W10 and installing it cured several problems with W7. :-D
Yes, very.

Glad to hear you figured it out. DCIM is the standard folder where digital cameras store pictures on memory cards.

I just hope I can remember how to duplicate it! What a circuitous way to get things done! it didn't used to be this complicated....

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be too annoying to say that I have no problems at all with W10 and installing it cured several problems with W7. :-D

Windows 10 did cure a few ills associated with 7, but it did create new ones - particularly this camera issue thing. And frankly, Cortana is both creep and of little help!

I didn't initiate Cortana. I've been married quite a long time, so do I really need a second woman telling me what to do?

Last edited:
Google "Disable Cortana" and shut off that turkey :-D

Google "Disable Cortana" and shut off that turkey :-D

Yeah I turned her off a long time ago. Even if she recognized my microphone, which she doesn't for some reason, I really don't want to talk to my computer.

Behold, my technological know how.

What's cortana?

Cortana is Microsoft's answer to Apple's Siri and Google Now. They're called intelligent personal assistants - basically a way to make interacting with your computer or phone more natural like you would converse with another person. It's great for some people but I can get things done faster the old fashioned way than using Cortana.

Cortana is the granddaughter (or is it great-great-great-great-granddaughter) of Microsoft Bob (as Windows generations go Win95/NT -> 98 -> ME -> 2000 -> XP -> W7 -> W8 -> W10). Where is Rover and Mr. Clippy? Oh wait Mr. Clippy is back in MS Office online!

BT92u_zCMAEhcAc.jpg

Time: The 50 Worst Inventions

Last edited:
Ok, now I know what Cortana is. Thank you for answering my off topic question.

Last edited:
Cortana must go!

Back