What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mycorrhizal and Vegetables

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
A promotional mini-"magazine" arrived today from my local garden center. It included a small article on growing herbs and leafy vegetables indoors year round. At the bottom of the page was a picture of some lighting units and fertilizers, but what caught my eye was a bottle of Mycorrhiza. So being curious, and having some Mycorrhiza on hand I did some searching. Informal testing seems to show that plants, including vegetables grow larger and are more disease resistant when Mycorrhiza innoculents are added to their soil.

Now I have do idea if what I have are even the correct species for veggies, but I am going to give it a try.

Some plants benefit from Mycorrhizal associations, others see no change, and there are a few that feel detriment when in association; this depends also on the kind of fungus or blend of fungal species present, so research on individual plant species may be wise.

Back