Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benurmanii's Pics 'N Stuffs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benurmanii View Post
    Canon Rebel XS. I do not have a macro lens so I had to cope a bit.
    That's about the same age and price range as my camera (Nikon D60.) I'm surprised to see it leaning towards a green tint so much, though that may be due to the particular lighting you're using for your plants. If you want to fix it, you'll probably want to set the camera to shoot in RAW then use some photography processing software to make adjustments. I've been using Adobe Lightroom for a long time but it costs money and is obscenely slow, though it's by far the most user friendly photography program I've encountered.

If you want a cheap way to do macro shots, get a reverse lens adapter ring (it does exactly what it sounds like, it lets you attach the lens to the camera backwards.) You can get a good quality metal one for $5 or so which gives you very high magnification, but you have to use full manual mode and hold the spring-loaded aperture lever open with your finger, on top of the lens stabilizer not functioning. Any time you see me post a super close-up picture like my recent Nepenthes seed shots, I used a reversing ring.
    Last edited by nimbulan; 05-01-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbulan View Post
    That's about the same age and price range as my camera (Nikon D60.) I'm surprised to see it leaning towards a green tint so much, though that may be due to the particular lighting you're using for your plants. If you want to fix it, you'll probably want to set the camera to shoot in RAW then use some photography processing software to make adjustments. I've been using Adobe Lightroom for a long time but it costs money and is obscenely slow, though it's by far the most user friendly photography program I've encountered.

If you want a cheap way to do macro shots, get a reverse lens adapter ring (it does exactly what it sounds like, it lets you attach the lens to the camera backwards.) You can get a good quality metal one for $5 or so which gives you very high magnification, but you have to use full manual mode and hold the spring-loaded aperture lever open with your finger, on top of the lens stabilizer not functioning. Any time you see me post a super close-up picture like my recent Nepenthes seed shots, I used a reversing ring.
    I actually adjusted it on the camera to have more of a green tint. It was normally pretty red (as you can see in one of my Heli photos). I'll have to mess around a bit more to see if I get get it more natural.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants!
    - Mark

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two pictures from today.

Open-pollinated cross (not my own)

A small bundle of P. grandiflora I received at the June Portland CP meet, with some Red Sawtooth in the background

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while, so here's a photo of my dewiest of 'dews, D. latifolia

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see the pic @Benurmanii

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagalotus View Post
    Can't see the pic @Benurmanii
    I see that here too, I will try to use photobucket to get the image URL, but photobucket won't load for me right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12