User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is fine sand ok for cps?

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is fine sand ok for CPs?not "coarse" sand fine sand,will it block up the air or anything?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt use it..
    I think it would get too dense and compact..
    (but then, im not a fan of ANY sand for CPs! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] fine or coarse..)
    I tried the famous "peat and sand" mix a few years ago and hated it..it compacted to a a very dense mix..I have switched back to pure long-fibre spagnum only..)

so IMO, fine sand would be no good, personally I wouldnt use it..but im sure there will be differing opinions! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use fine silica sand but usually with some pearlite, and usually for the larger genera like Sarracenia. I agree that LFS is a good medium as well, although it is somewhat lacking in some nutrients that peat seems to provide. Some species do better in one than in the other. I prefer coarse silica sand which may be had from swimming pool supply companies. It is used in pool filters.
    "Grow More, Share More"