What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confession time

I have a confession to make.  I am actually Valerie, Tamlin’s wife.  I joined “undercover” because of his renown in this community so that I could get some truly candid ideas.  I actually do want others’ ideas on showing my support because I have felt lacking & lost in that area.  And I got some great & thoughtful ideas, too.  I am most grateful.  
I joined without telling Tamlin I was doing so, of course, but, being the clever, astute man that he is, he quickly caught on.  I asked him not to blow my cover when I saw the atavar contest & I thought I might have a chance at winning my husband a plant.  (If I could find one he doesn’t have yet&#33
wink.gif
  He then pointed out that may not be quite legit since we’re pretty closely related & he being a mod & all so I gave up.  I guess a couple of you began to suspect (yeah, so joining the UK forum at the same time wasn’t so smart) but being the true husband he is, he continued to cover for me.  I would like to publicly apologize to all & him for the deception & resulting stress - but there was no ill intent.  I have found this forum to be a delightful place to visit & enjoy hearing from all those that Tamlin would often speak of.  (Well, except he who must not be named.)  And just being here helps me share a little more in this part of his world.  Now where do I go from here?  I’m feeling a bit awkward now.  - I’ll just stand over here...  
confused.gif

I can't imagine why anyone would be upset! You're a CPer wife, with CPer wife questions! Please, stick around!

Capslock <--- not my real name! LOL!

LOL, all this coming from the woman who inspired me to return to CP cultivation, supports my daily existence, PAYS the power bills on 30+ flourescents lights, listens to my endless chatter with good grace, puts up cheerfully with windows full of plants, a grow space in the kitchen, and even brings me ants to feed the plants!!! Well "Fran", I would say you have a pretty fair handle on how to support your partner!

I could never do the Tamlin act on my own folks. Without this woman's intervention I would not be able to spare the time needed. The love Tamlin spreads around has its fountainhead in YOU.

Anyone who has ever had a seed or a plant from me has Valerie to thank for it. Tomorrow marks the 6th anniversary of our handfasting, and next month the 1 year anniversary of our legal contract where I made her surname my own: Dawnstar.

Yeah, I figured it out but I wanted you to have some fun, and hopefully get a taste of this Forum and the many, many wonderful people that comprise it. I spend a lot of time here, as you know, and you have never begrudged me this in the slightest way.....not once, not ever.

Thanks for wanting to win me the plant....this was really the only stress: it would have looked bad had you won.

Thanks for all the support Valerie, and also for introducing a very worthwhile topic to the forums. Tamlin is nothing if not lucky, and never more so than by being blessed with such a caring and thoughtful partner.

As to where you go from here....hee hee, why you go to Canada with me to collect some seed of D. linearis (it's only a nine hour drive, and a slogging walk through a bog...but I know you'll do it&#33
wink.gif

That's how love works.

Hi Valerie,

It's good to see you here. You're honorary royalty here, you're the cp god Tamlin's wife.  My wife said that growing cp's is better that alot of other things I could be doing, like going to bars.

Guess what My real name is not Ozzy either, if you remember my name is Mark.
biggrin.gif

I realized when you and my wife was talking that cp wives have alot to talk about. I have a great idea for another forum, "CP Growers Wives Support Club" I have to talk to Rampuppy about this.

Wow Tamlin. You're a lucky man. "Fran", you are an amazing woman.

Is that beautiful or what, folks? That's my poet! I would follow him to the ends of the earth. But, honey, we better cool it a little. There are children here.

Ozzy,

If you don't knock off that nonsense about the "royalty" and "CP God" stuff, I'm gonna come to Ohio and give you some royal holy heck!

The finest title I could ever want is Moderator of the Sundew Forum.

Lol, I knew that would get your blood boiling
tounge.gif
Come on over and give me some royal holy heck, bring some plants for me too.

So that makes Williams wife the CP Godess, eh?
wink.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif

give me some hot heck too, I'd do anything to meet you!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My door is always open Spec, and I'd be pleased to meet you and share my plants with you. Where are you at?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 27 2003,8:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My door is always open Spec, and I'd be pleased to meet you and share my plants with you.  Where are you at?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
California
tounge.gif
wow.gif

What a wonderful couple!! Welcome Valerie
biggrin.gif

Tamlin - If you go to Cailfornia to see Spec, you've got to come see me in Oregon! And bring your "CP Goddess" too! You guys are truly amazing
smile.gif

Ozzy- better make that support club a bit less gender specific- not all us CPers are male
wink.gif
and somehow I just don't see my boyfriend joining a "CP Growers Wives Support Club"
tounge.gif

Welcome Fran/Valerie. Enjoy.

And by the way my avatar is not a cactus and cowboy boots
confused.gif
Picture something behind the screen, teaing through. Those are claws on the bottom.

This is actually a dragon tearing through the tank of my Virago. The body breaks through the motorcycle in various areas. So, look again now
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Copper @ June 27 2003,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Welcome Fran/Valerie.  Enjoy.

And by the way my avatar is not a cactus and cowboy boots
confused.gif
  Picture something behind the screen, teaing through.  Those are claws on the bottom.  

This is actually a dragon tearing through the tank of my Virago.  The body breaks through the motorcycle in various areas.  So, look again now
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I see it now!

Welcome Valerie. It's great to know the significant other of the "King Moderator of the Sundew Forum" is with us.

By the way, my real name is not Dyflam... I choose to remain anonymous.

Steve (lol)

YAY! More women at the forums! ***dances around like an idiot***

Valerie so nice to see you! You remember me...the other plant nut north of you in A-bay. hehe. Welcome welcome!
biggrin.gif

Of course, I remember you, Dustin. We just might stop off to see you again on this trip to Canada. Hope your TV spot went well. Thanks everyone for such kind & warm words!

smile.gif
Welcome to the forums Val
smile.gif

I guess we all owe you a debt of gratitude for encouraging and supporting your more than genrous husband. It just goes to show, Behind every good man there's a good woman
tounge.gif

Back