What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp evolution

• Thread starter reigh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    send
Well, here's a link where this topic was discussed before. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask.
wink.gif

VFT Origin

SF

Lord. I started reading that topic from the beginning, when I noticed it was 6 pages long! But, I do believe in evolution. But, (and this is from a Cristian prospective, and I'm not saying this is the only right way and please dont bite my head off) I believe other more influental forces besides nature haveto drive it. For instance, wolves would have never evolved into dogs the way they did if it weren't for man specifically breeding them, and changing the species into something of man's design. I believe that god does the same thing in our universe, but on a much larger scale, by changing the path of a living creature through different means (environment, death, mutation, etc.), and thus forming his own creations through evolution. In other words, god is the one who controls evolution from the first possible point in the chain of events leading to the change of the organism. Call me crazy if you want, but that's what I believe.

This is an argument that could go on for days, but answer me this. Why would "god" have to "evolve" anything into something else?

I mean, its god. He doesn't need evolution. God can make a being perfect from the start, no need for evolution.

Honestly, this whole argument is pointless, there is no win or lose, and there is no right or wrong. Its all based on belief. Do I think God "evolved" us? No. I can't find a point for it.

Casper

Hi Casper,

"Honestly, this whole argument is pointless, there is no win or lose, and there is no right or wrong."

No right or wrong? Indeed? So history (and therefore truth) is relative?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would "god" have to "evolve" anything into something else?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't claim to know the truth here, but has it ever occurred to you what would happen if God (or another higher power) had not designed species with the ability (by his prompting or not) to "evolve"? If survival of the fittest is true, and none within a species were fitter than the rest, then all would die out as conditions, especially those brought about by human intervention, changed.

However, this is all off topic, which was cp evolution, whether or not promted by a higher power.
smile.gif

cheers,

-noah

Well, maybe it's because that's the natural order of things. I believe that god, in a certain way, built our world based on certain rules. Kind of how like matter cannot be destroyed, but transfered into energy instead, and how matter and energy are directly interchangeable. Kind of like how gravity pulls in objects, and doesn't push them out. Kind of like how everything is born, then dies. I believe this universe is based on a specific structure that makes everything you see around you possible, a structure in which god needs not change, and that evolution is a part of. I mean, god doesn't just make everything apear. God doesn't just control every aspect of our lives, so that we all do good. Shoot, you're right though. There is no right or wrong, win or lose. It's all based on belief. ####, my theory can be as right or wrong as the next person's (and it is probably wrong
smile.gif
), but there are only so many answers in our world, and beliefs are all we have of the vast amount of knowledge we do not yet have, knowledge and other things that may extend infinately beyond what we may call reality. We're all entitled to our own beliefs.

I'm not looking to affend anyone here, but this statement hits the nail on the head.

"It's all based on belief"

Historicaly, man has found religion to explain something they do not understand, or have an answer for. Kind of like your doing right now. There where sun gods, moon gods, gods that threw the lightning down out of the sky etc...

These people did the exact same thing your doing now, using religion to answer questions you otherwise couldn't answer.

On the other hand, I do believe in God. And I think we are both kidding ourselves if we think that we could actually "figure out" what he was thinking when he created the universe. ####, just the complexity of our own planet is more than we can grasp at this point in time.

just my 2 cents worth

Casper

I was hoping this topic had died!
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

is it really necessary to drag this out again?
no one will be able to say ANYTHING new that wasnt already said in the 6 pages of the other thread!
if you want to make a statement, either pro or con about evolution, just read the other thread and it will already be there!
wink.gif

please let it go?

Scot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please let it go?
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, please!!? If you have the time, read the other 8 pages of material. That should basically settle the question.

Let the topic die.

SF

OK,

Back on the original topic, I have found this link:

Fossil Aldrovanda

This and other articles also appeared in the ICPS journal, CPN Volume 26 Number 3 (September 1997), which was the "Aldrovanda special" issue.

Basically, Palaeoaldrovanda splendens is the oldest known fossil CP, dating from late Cretaceous (85 - 75 mya). The genus Drosera (which is also in the Droseraceae family, as is Dionaea) is also widely thought to originate in the late Cretaceous.

Back