What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish/koi food

• Thread starter cpwitch
  • Start date
Somewhere in the forums was a discussion about feeding fish and koi food to some of the plants, but I forgot where it was  
wink.gif
 Would someone mind telling me how this works and which plants it is good for? Do you feed the fish/koi food as is or does it need to be prepared, etc.

This would seem to be an easy way to feed plants that are kept in the house.

Thanks again. And next time I'll pay better attention where things are  
confused.gif

cpwitch

its in the topic, "feeding Nepenthes", I think. I have koi food for my pacus, so I just fed all of my pitcher plants one pellet each, so far so good
alien.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpwitch @ June 28 2003,05:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Would someone mind telling me how this works and which plants it is good for? Do you feed the fish/koi food as is or does it need to be prepared, etc.

cpwitch[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have tried whole pellets with Neps and I have crushed them into dust from some sundews. To be careful, you could soak a pellet (aka sticks) in rainwater first, then place it in a Nep pitcher.

Back