What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shading my CPs

I recently saw a large a very large collection of CPs in the northern CA area that were growing in an area shaded by plain old PVC plastic sheet painted with what was described to me as white wash. I understand it filters out the rays that are harmful to plants but allows those that promote growth to pass through and allows the plants to become colorful. The plants, hundreds upon hundreds, were growing like weeds and even plants that are normally green were tinted in red.
Does anyone know if this is a specially formulated paint or just the same old stuff that Tom used on his famous fence?
Here in South Florida, the sun is our enemy and I am very interested in experimenting (a few plants at a time) with something to replace my shade screen. Anybody got any infor or suggestions?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Back