What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUPERthrive

Hey, i just got my shipment of plants today, 2 heliamphoras x minors and 1 nep raff

and superthrive and cleary 336 and banrot

with the superthrive, i took a eye droper and put in 1 drop of the stuff into a full gallon of water, 1 gallon, and i shook it up and i watered all my neps with it. how soon should i start seeing improvements/more growth?

Thanks

also how should i superthive the heliamphoras and the ping?

Thanks

-stefano

I would mix the Superth t 1/4 the strenght. That would be 1/4 of the dropper and not the full drop.

For the Nepenthes you can apply it to the soil, as for the Heliamphora. You can also do the pitchers, just do it to the older ones . They can still eat, It is more of a safety thing in case you give it too much and they die ( the pitchers not the plant ).

For the Ping, you can put it on the leaf.

You just want to use VERY LITTLE and not a whole lot. They plant will not be able to take a bunch of it.

Results ill take a few weeks. Some plants may show it faster than others.

I have not played with all my plants and Superthrive, but I know that the Heliamphora and Nepenthes appreciate things like that on a monthly basis ( the other being Miracid )

I have traditionally stuck to the bottle directions on superthrive, but I don't use it but maybe once every three months because I have heard it can lead to the plant not pitchering.

Jaie, you guys are using it more often at this strength with no side effects? Seems superior, keeping more superthrive in the tank longer... me thinks I might switch.

Thanks
wink.gif

Hi y'all,

I can tell you for fact that my nep stopped pitchering after a good dose of Superthrive. I have to admit I overdid it - double strength, once a week.

I had a baby pitcher developing (1/2 inch) and it seems to have gone into stasis. It looks as healthy as ever, but it's not growing at all. However, the non-pitcher leaves are growing rapidly, one is popping up every other week with excellent green coloring.

I've switched back to regular water last week, but the pitchers have yet to develop. We'll see...meanwhile, I'm enjoying the new leaves! :wink:

Wicked, can you flush your nepenthes pot with distilled water?

I think you might be in for a fun suprise... when the plant decides it needs those pitchers I be pretty much all of them start growing at the same time.

Sure, I can flush it out. How is it done exactly? Two or three "loads" of distilled water?

flush as in what my terms as, what i do to 'flush' is to fill the pot with distilled water, slowly until the water goes to top, almost over flowin, but my neps with the soil, the soil is 1/2 - 1inch down from the top of the 3" pot and what i do is just fill it up to the top and let it drain thoughly

and do this for like 2-3 days, duno how many days,, maybe just 2

Mmmkay,

I'll give it a shot. My dad just won a bid for a digital camera, so maybe I'll have some nice pics in the next few weeks or so.

aww omG!

i want a digital camera so badly!

hehe lookin forward to seein pictures
wink.gif

Stef,
Do you have some &#36&#36&#36? My dad got a Sony Cyber Shot P-30 for &#36169. You could get a decent one for a bit less, or maybe wait for Christmas prices?

i got like 40 dolelrs ;[

my b day is in august, august 21 ;[

so maybe b day present

not sure yet

Sounds good. When I wanted something big for my birthday, I asked my parents to match what I had...&#3640 + &#3640 = maybe decent camera. AND you can point out that it can be a family camera. Or, you can just ask a big group of people to chip in for the camera you want.

yea 100% itll be a family camera becuase our other one broke and just so far we used 2 disposable kinds, my parents are lookin for sales and good things on them too

we need a new camera
smile.gif

lol. Well, help them out a bit by picking a nice one that you would also like for yourself. My dad got his on ubid.com.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I flushed out the pot for 3 days, and the pitcher seems to be growing slowly again! I made a snotty remark about our tap water to my dad -who always insisted that we had good filters - only to find out that we have had reverse osmosis water this whole time!
mad.gif
Wish he had just said so! The RO water could be a factor as well, who knows?

Back