Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Owies...

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Owies... Owies... Owies... I was running through the doorway that leads out to the sunroom to get something. I was in a hurry since something good was on TV. Danged threshold!!! I hit my left big toe, straight-on, reeaaaaallllllly hard on the threshold... OWIES!!! I flopped into a chair and looked at it... no blood... no swelling or black-and-blueishness... no cracked toenail... but dangit it HURTS!!! When I touched the tip or the area directly behind the nail, it hurt like the dickens... I know it's not broke, because I can move it all over the place just fine. This was two days ago. Now everything is the same, except for the fact that it now hurts without doing anything to it, but it really hurts when I put weight on it, ESPECIALLY the tip of the toe. It still has no obvious signs of injury except huge pain. It never even went numb for gawd's sake!!! What, no mercy?! Anyhowpains... I mean, "wees"... I swear, I really DID inherit my clumsiness from my mother. Although she hasn't broken a bone in her life, and I've already broken my hand, given myself three or four scars, sprained my ankle three times, sprained my left pinkie nuckle something fierce (I recall... "Fluffy (dog), get out of the way!!! AAH!! Owies..."), and then this...

Gawd, I broke a major bone in my hand moons ago and it didn't hurt nearly half as much as this!!! ***tells herself to quit being a big baby***

***scurries off and pops in Kenny Chesney concert, and her mind is instantly, COMPLETELY off the pain***

Greetings,
    FTG, a.k.a. "Owies"
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate it when i stub my toe. I do it all the time and i don't why (maybe it's because i have size 16 feet [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] ). One time i was outside on our brick patio w/o any shoes or socks on and i stubbed my big toe on a cement step leading up to our back door. What really made it hurt was a sliver of mulch that was on the ground in front of the step. As my toe hit the step the pointed end of the mulch went underneath my toenail into my toe. Now that hurt!!!

-buckeye

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTG, I feel your pain! I've been there

Unfortunately I can't blame my mother, or anyone else I am related to for that matter, I am just a clutz. I can't count the number of times I have walked into half open doors, tripped over nothing, stubbed toes (and fingers&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] on things that were well out of the way. I have perminent dents in my shinbones from collisions, and then there are my three favorite injuries (yes I have three)

There was the time I strained my leg (not just one muscle, the whole leg&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] while playing badminton. (sp?)

The time I broke my ankle walking down the perfectly flat, empty hallway.

And my all time favorite, I stood up off the couch and broke three of the bones in my foot! I really liked that one, that one took style! David didn't like it... he broke my fall... he says I have really pointy elbows... go figure!

Good luck with the toe.. I hope it gets better.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DOH! That hurts!

I have permanently damaged big toes from too much karate and kickboxing. I can't tell you how many HARD AS HECK elbows I've kicked....xx(

My favorite injury was when I broke my butt. Literally. I smashed my coxish (sp? tail bone, anyway) to smithereens when I was 14.
    My buds and I were sledding down this HUGE hill near my house....at 14, to be cool, you have to go off a jump. The higher and farther you go, the cooler you are. Well, I went REALLY high, and REALLY far....and just happened to keep perfect form in the air (sitting in the little plastice tobagan). My tail bone came down HARD right on a rock. How cool am I now? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] I had to cary a pillow around school for three weeks 'cause I couldn't sit in the hard chairs...
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owies... embarrassment major dude... that brings to mind a couple weeks ago... ***cringes***... I was sitting at the table... no, wait, I was GOING to sit at the table... and I did the sitting motion and, somehow, the chair got bumped back my my leg and I fell FLAT on my butt on the hard floor... owies... three feet to the hard, oh-so-hard floor... Well, I think I at least bruised the tailbone something fierce... any tensing of any muscle in the lower back area caused pain for the next few days, although it didn't hurt when I sat unless I rolled onto the back of my butt... it got better within a week tho... owies...

Maehem, good lord...

BTW, my toe is doing a little better today. It still hurts when I put weight on it, and it still hurts a little when I put pressure on the area behind the nail, but not as much. I expect it will be a bit better, if not completely better, by tomorrow... ah, the heaven-sent Saturday!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe, i walked into so many window doors [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] ! there so hard to notice! the funniest injury happened to one of my friend when he was small. he got bitten by a wild monky that came out of nowhere! lol. hope you get better ftg. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch

I heard some where that the average person breaks 2 toes every year and they don't even know! FTG you may have a hairline break in one of the bones in your toe. I don't think that it will require a doctor though, it should eventually heal on its own [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Hope it gets better soon [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    I miss my old signature

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 toes every year huh? Well someone out there isn't using their quota and I really wish they would I'm tired of broken toes!!! lol

Good to hear the toe is better FTG!
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast