What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A rajah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just ordered a nepenthes rajah! That means soon I'll have a giant plant! (o.k. maybe it will be like 5 years, lol.)
tounge.gif
are there any specific requirements for them? Thanks,
Spectabilis73
smile.gif

spec.73, yes there are requirement for it. don't let it get over 80degress during the day and it will need the drop in temp. at night. i keep mine around 55-60 degrees. the humidity should be above 60% during the day and 90-100% at night. i place mine into the refrig. at night w/ a zip lock bag over it to keep the humidity in the high 90%. a plus would be if you get a ulrasonic humidifier to keep the humidity up during the day. i ahve only had mine for about 2 months now and it is growing w/ no problem and has put out 4 leaves this i got it and one pitcher has finally opened up 3 days ago. the best thing to remember is keep it cold at night. good luck w/ it. its not that hard to keep up as everyone says it is. well at least it isn't for me.

Rajah is NOT hard. I wouldn't even say it is moderatly easy, I would call it peice of cake!
smile.gif
Just remeber that it need the temp drops,high humidity, VERY clean water (seems to be picky with other water quality's) and give it bright light. Also remeber one of the most important factors with N.rajah, give it a wide and deep pot. But for the plant your getting it will be pretty small so I would go with a 4 inch pot. And my planting mix for it right now is living sphag, but in the past I had it in peat/orchid bark, and perlite and it grew equally well. But living sphag is my choice becasue pitchers resting on the moss surface get big! Remebr that for contests in the future, to get big pitcher let them rest on sphagnum!
smile.gif

moving to the Nepenthes forum and then locking it since there is the same thread going there also from a duplicate post.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back